$149 Nvidia GTX 750 Ti unveiled; plays Titanfall better than Xbox One

$149 Nvidia GTX 750 Ti unveiled; plays Titanfall (PC) better than Xbox One

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/149-nvidia-gtx-750-ti-unveiled-plays-titanfall-better-than-xbox-one/1100-6417813/

"While the GTX 750 Ti is a midrange GPU, early benchmarks have shown excellent performance across a range of games. In GameSpot's own testing the card ran the likes of Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite at over 60fps on high settings. It also ran the beta of the new mech-based shooter Titanfall at 58fps at 1080p with 2XAA on, a feat not even accomplished by the Xbox One."

With what other hardware? 

The Xbox One GPU benchmarks similarly to the AMD 7770 (My PC's video card) yet I can run BF4 at 1080 on all High settings. Possibly due to my i7 3770 Processor. The PS4 GPU benchmarks closer to an AMD 7850 yet that can't run BF4 at 1080 either.

The Xbox One GPU benchmarks similarly to the AMD 7770 (My PC's video card) yet I can run BF4 at 1080 on all High settings. Possibly due to my i7 3770 Processor.

Nvidia originally posted the news so I'm assuming they used decent hardware to pair with the cards for their benchmarks to compare with the Xbox One console who is one of their competitors in the gaming hardware department.

Nvidia originally posted the news so I'm assuming they used decent hardware to pair with the cards for their benchmarks to compare with the Xbox One console who is one of their competitors in the gaming hardware department.

so is the ps4, but I guess the X1 is an easier target.

also, from their impressions it sounds like that card would give the ps4 a run for its money. Their BF4 numbers show that the card can actually outperform the ps4 a bit. Of course its not shocking considering they are also using an i5 cpu.

The Xbox One GPU benchmarks similarly to the AMD 7770 (My PC's video card) yet I can run BF4 at 1080 on all High settings. Possibly due to my i7 3770 Processor. The PS4 GPU benchmarks closer to an AMD 7850 yet that can't run BF4 at 1080 either.

Their testbed was:

Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM, an ASUS P8Z68-V Motherboard, Corsair HX850 PSU, Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro, and a Corsair Force GT SSD

so is the ps4, but I guess the X1 is an easier target.

also, from their impressions it sounds like that card would give the ps4 a run for its money.

Possibly, but as you said the Xbox One is the easier target because of its weaker graphics capability, I'm sure its only a matter of time before they target the PS4 also.

Possibly, but as you said the Xbox One is the easier target because of its weaker graphics capability, I'm sure its only a matter of time before they target the PS4 also.

I did a late edit to my comment, but yeah, the X1 is the 2nd class citizen in this case. This card can beat the ps4 gpu apparently though.

Still, I dont think how well an nvidia gpu stacks up to the AMD gpus in the ps4 or X1 is really a big deal to anyone that owns either of those consoles. Of course that site decided to try and stir things up :laugh: