New improved PC i am Doing Please tell me your opinion

Hi Guys

I am building a new PC (gaming oriented) i wished you could take a look and tell me if is it any good , or if i could do a better around the same price.

Thanks in advance :)

post-361786-0-96600100-1393080372.png

I'm going to ask the obvious here - you do have another HDD to go with that SSD don't you :p

Also, there's no GPU there either, do you already have one or are you buying one elsewhere?

1. There is no GPU. Do you already have a graphics card?

2. I agree with Luc2k. You can just get 1600MHz CL9 memory. You'll rarely notice a difference in games. 1- 4 fps at on average.

3. That's a microAXT motherboard.

4. Do you already have a HDD? Because 120GB SSD is not going to be enough.

Yes i already own a GPU , SPU and a 1 TB disk for storage :) 

Can you point me at a better RAM , cause i think i saw somewhere that a better frequency than a lower CL9 ...

And on the board , yes it is :P do you know of a better ATX one ? 

1. There is no GPU. Do you already have a graphics card?

Also, there's no GPU there either, do you already have one or are you buying one elsewhere?

I know he's already addressed this, but that CPU has a built-in GPU solution just FYI.

And on the board , yes it is :p do you know of a better ATX one ? 

Regular Z87 pro. Like this one. It costs a little more, but if you can do with the Micro-ATX you shoudl go for it. Although if I was you I would save money by buying a different mouse and keyboard. Those are pretty expensive. 

But regarding the build, I would say it's a good medium end build. Your GPU is the bottleneck in that system. It is what will be holding the system back.

Hello,

I think its kinda a low end build and will problably last you just a year or two...

It doesn't look very future proof.

Not really. All he'll need to do is swap in a more powerful GPU.

I know he's already addressed this, but that CPU has a built-in GPU solution just FYI.

Which has the glorious power of playing games at 15fps and below.

Yes, but if it's a gaming orientated PC I would have thought the OP would prefer to have a GPU :p

As for future proof, I think it's mostly fine. I'm assuming that OP is going to be gaming at 1080p? If so, those specs will do just fine.

Thanks MindTrickz for the suggestion of more a suitable MB :D 

And about the GPU I think it will last a year or two, i bought it last year and it wasn't very high end back then .

About the RAM , you think i should buy a 1600 MHZ 9 CL or stay with those above ?

Thanks MindTrickz for the suggestion of more a suitable MB :D

And about the GPU I think it will last a year or two, i bought it last year and it wasn't very high end back then .

About the RAM , you think i should buy a 1600 MHZ 9 CL or stay with those above ?

It can last you for a year or two more. I meant that if you wanted better performance when the time comes; the first thing you would need to change out was the GPU.

Well regarding the ram. It doesn't make that much difference in games. Whether it's the expensive 2400Mhz G.Skills or regular Kingston 1600Mhz.  Check these benchmarks out:

50912.png

50916.png

50913.png

Hello,

That CPU? I don't know...

Joking right?

Its a 4th gen I5!? Nothin wrong with that.

I only got a 3rd gen i7 last year and no plan to upgrade for a good long time yet.

CPU`s and GPU`s are over powered for what were using them for currently. Have been for a while now.

Still plenty of folk on here with intel Q6600 chips. Heck my flat mate is sitting with that on 4GB of ram next door and he plays all the games I do on my i7 16GB setup.

Hell he had Titanfall maxed out! Not to mention playing games like AC4 etc in medium settings etc. His gfx card is horrid aswell. Somethin like a 6550 or below, I forget, but its a crap card!

Hello,

That CPU? I don't know...

What? Unless game requirements significantly increase over the next few years (highly unlikely), then that CPU paired with a decent GPU will be able to play the newest games for a long time. I'm still running a Q9550 @ 3.8GHz bought in 2008 paired with a GTX 760, and although the CPU bottlenecks it slightly, I'm still able to play most new games smoothly at 1080p on high. 

Hello,

Its a 4th gen I5!? Nothin wrong with that.

I only got a 3rd gen i7 last year and no plan to upgrade for a good long time yet.

What? Unless game requirements significantly increase over the next few years (highly unlikely), then that CPU paired with a decent GPU will be able to play the newest games for a long time. I'm still running a Q9550 @ 3.8GHz bought in 2008 paired with a GTX 760, and although the CPU bottlenecks it slightly, I'm still able to play most new games smoothly at 1080p on high.

Well, I understand a "gaming PC" as something high end that can last a LONG time. But a i5 either way is fine. You don't have to drop a nuke to kill a anthill :)

Also any reason to go with the K? OC or something?

Hello,

Well, I understand a "gaming PC" as something high end that can last a LONG time. But a i5 either way is fine. You don't have to drop a nuke to kill a anthill :)

Yes, in the long run , if i need just a little improvement that is not worth upgrading the whole system.

The K version overclocks better.

Well, I understand a "gaming PC" as something high end that can last a LONG time.

Yes, cause the latest gen intel chip will deffo only last a year or 2..... /s

What exactly would you advise? Im a little curious......

Hello,

What exactly are your recommended CPUs for a gaming PC because really don't understand your position.