Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mindovermaster

Mouse Pad Question

29 posts in this topic

I need a new mouse pad, as my Xtrac PRO is getting like a grimy color, and is plenty dirty.

I have been looking at hard mouse pads, not the cloth ones they always have. As my laminate desk isn't the greatest surface to work on.

I previously had an Xtrac XXL. but that was a bit much. I like Xtrac pads, but am willing to look elsewhere. Budget is around $20-30. Any pointers?

I don't want a full desk one.

I don't want a full desk one.

Well the desk pad won't fade the color or won't show dirty.. Works great.. I have it on mine.

I have thin mousepads that I can custom print with dye sublimation. Any photo or graphics will work. PM me if interested. I use one at work and home.

once had a real writing pad (paper) as mousepad for scribblings and notes, papers to wrap away - hope you know what I mean.

Anyway, never ever again, didn't work, might be like your laminated desk.

The SteelSeries looks quite well -

Its nice, easy to clean, and my Logitech gaming mice glide across it smoothly.

Sounds like a declaration of Love :-)

I also have Steel series one, but its too old and not on their site so can't link, but that is testament to how long its lasted.

Logitech and Razer both probably make good ones, personally I'd got for whatever company makes your mouse and keyboard (as I like having everything matching)

Hence I'm about to replace my steel series with the G440 as I got new a Logitech KB and Mouse for Xmas.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-gb/product/g440-hard-gaming-mouse-pad

I have a Grey M305 and a Black K250. So they don't really match.

I've used both hard and soft SteelSeries muse mats, all have been great, the hard one is still being used and it's close to 4 years old now, maybe older

you could always wash your old, one, i wash mine every few months, just soak it in water, rub a bar of soap over it and then scrub it, rinse it off and let it dry, comes out like new.

Well I've been using a laminate desk for years and it has been just the perfect mouse pad for me :rofl:  Currently using a Razer Deathadder on it. Smooth ride and easy cleaning.

Other than that I'd recommend the person above's advice. If it works - it works. No need to waste money.

you could always wash your old, one, i wash mine every few months, just soak it in water, rub a bar of soap over it and then scrub it, rinse it off and let it dry, comes out like new.

This is the easiest solution undoubtedly and the only way to go, IMO.

Budget of $20-$30 for a mousepad? Holy crap!!

I could replace all 9 mouse pads here for that much!

Edit:

Clicking on the links provided by the other posters, I see none of those pads are very cheap. Wouldn't spend that much on one my life time!

This is the easiest solution undoubtedly and the only way to go, IMO.

Budget of $20-$30 for a mousepad? Holy crap!!

I could replace all 9 mouse pads here for that much!

Edit:

Clicking on the links provided by the other posters, I see none of those pads are very cheap. Wouldn't spend that much on one my life time!

Depends what your using your mouse for...I have a laminate desk at work and my hard gaming mat at home is much smoother so the mouse moves faster and smoother, very important if your an fps gamer, also a proper mouse mat will be designed with higher reflectivity than a desk, meaning more of the light the optics/laser produce got back to the sensor thus increasing the accuracy of the mouse.

Man, I really wish func would stay viable.  They disappear, come back, disappear again.  They had great mousepads, recently I found a guy on eBay with a couple.  I bought 2 of them, only to realize they were not the model I needed....

UPDATE:  They are baaaack !  Go to func.net and you will see great products.

Man, I really wish func would stay viable.  They disappear, come back, disappear again.  They had great mousepads, recently I found a guy on eBay with a couple.  I bought 2 of them, only to realize they were not the model I needed....

UPDATE:  They are baaaack !  Go to func.net and you will see great products.

Yeah, only that they are way too big on my rather small desk area.

Forgot about this thread..

Washing wouldn't fix it. It's sides are curling up. A wash wouldn't help there.

Razer Sphex is crazy cheap, super thin and hard.  Very slick.

I buy one of those cheap, supermarket 'Gnome foot logo' looking ones with the gel pad for < ?5 every year.

Forgot about this thread..

Washing wouldn't fix it. It's sides are curling up. A wash wouldn't help there.

After drying done, put heavy stuff on top of that pad... so it will stay flat...

that simple.

After drying done, put heavy stuff on top of that pad... so it will stay flat...

that simple.

I'm sorry, it doesn't work like that. The fabric itself is curling up. Keeping pressure on it will not fix it. Wear and tear of fabric, not the fact that it is dirty.

I'm sorry, it doesn't work like that. The fabric itself is curling up. Keeping pressure on it will not fix it. Wear and tear of fabric, not the fact that it is dirty.

Oh well.

If I were you, I'd get the desk pad ... that won't fade or show dirty...  

I need a new mouse pad, as my Xtrac PRO is getting like a grimy color, and is plenty dirty.

I have been looking at hard mouse pads, not the cloth ones they always have. As my laminate desk isn't the greatest surface to work on.

I previously had an Xtrac XXL. but that was a bit much. I like Xtrac pads, but am willing to look elsewhere. Budget is around $20-30. Any pointers?

Oddly enough, if you have any sort of laser mouse, consider (budget end) the 3M Precision Mousing Surface.

You can get them with integrated wrist-rests and any of several imprinted designs.

You can even get them "green/eco-friendly" - and anti-microbial at the same time (MW309LE/MW310LE).

Available anywhere that sells 3M office products (including online, such as Amazon, staples,com, and Newegg).

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Precise-Leatherette-Antimicrobial-Protection/dp/B000ZHB2HS/ref=sr_1_5?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1396398702&sr=1-5&keywords=3m (MW310LE)

Oh well.

If I were you, I'd get the desk pad ... that won't fade or show dirty...  

Again, I do not want a large sized one.

Oddly enough, if you have any sort of laser mouse, consider (budget end) the 3M Precision Mousing Surface.

You can get them with integrated wrist-rests and any of several imprinted designs.

You can even get them "green/eco-friendly" - and anti-microbial at the same time (MW309LE/MW310LE).

Available anywhere that sells 3M office products (including online, such as Amazon, staples,com, and Newegg).

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Precise-Leatherette-Antimicrobial-Protection/dp/B000ZHB2HS/ref=sr_1_5?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1396398702&sr=1-5&keywords=3m (MW310LE)

All my mice are optical. I don't want to go that cheap. I want something worth my money. Like what Jaybonaut suggested.

Again, I do not want a large sized one.

All my mice are optical. I don't want to go that cheap. I want something worth my money. Like what Jaybonaut suggested.

I just listed them as an option - and 3M mousing surfaces are high-quality - they just aren't pricey.

Func may be okay - however, I have a low opinion of ANY hyperniche device, because I tend to prefer multi-functional hardware, because i do more than one thing with my computer, and the hardware inside it.