Is this a good build?

Well, this is my third theoretical build of 2014, and I will build the best theoretical build this summer. I will be gaming, creating videos, modeling with Autodesk Inventor, programming in Visual Studio, and making games in Unity, CryEngine, and UDK. I plan to use this build for another year or so. Currently, I am on a single monitor setup, but I am planning to move to multimonitor in Winter 2014.

Well, here it is:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/CircuitSoft/saved/3Rpr

I would cut back on the gpu for a lower tier and get a 480 gig ssd sansdisk which has OEM reliability and 800 megs a second transfer. You dn't need 3 gigs of ram unless you have a 4k monitor.

For videos the bottleneck is i/o if you have an opportunity ok card and a hex core system.

I swear for experience the ssd will impact performance to a level you don't see on paper. I had to move swtor off my ssd to save space for VMS. Corelia loading is so painful now.

Also you can get a hex core for about the same price.

I'd agree with sinetheo, unless your doing tri monitor gaming or have 2K or 4K monitors then that card is overkill, you could get a 770 for half the price get a bigger 512GB SSD or 24GB of RAM(though that's also probably unnecessary) and then in a year or 2 if you find performance dropping get another 770 and SLI.

I'd agree with sinetheo, unless your doing tri monitor gaming or have 2K or 4K monitors then that card is overkill, you could get a 770 for half the price get a bigger 512GB SSD or 24GB of RAM(though that's also probably unnecessary) and then in a year or 2 if you find performance dropping get another 770 and SLI.

So this would be good? http://pcpartpicker.com/user/CircuitSoft/saved/3Rpr

Yeh, again if you wanna save some money start with 16GB (2x8GB) RAM and only upgrade to 32GB if you need it (there isn't much you can do that'll need that level of RAM (similar situation to the 3 and 4GB GPU)...but if you have cash to burn go for it.

Personally I'd save it and get a nice sound card and good 5.1 system and a good gaming mouse, keyboard, headset, (and joystick/controller if needed)...again personal opinion.

I've only got 8GB of RAM and that rarely maxes out (have been looking at an upgrade to 16GB though) 32GB...probably overkill.

Yeh, again if you wanna save some money start with 16GB (2x8GB) RAM and only upgrade to 32GB if you need it (there isn't much you can do that'll need that level of RAM (similar situation to the 3 and 4GB GPU)...but if you have cash to burn go for it.

Personally I'd save it and get a nice sound card and good 5.1 system and a good gaming mouse, keyboard, headset, (and joystick/controller if needed)...again personal opinion.

I've only got 8GB of RAM and that rarely maxes out (have been looking at an upgrade to 16GB though) 32GB...probably overkill.

Yeah I thought 32GB would be a lot but I was lazy so I didn't look for the same model as an 8GB set. A sound card sounds good to me, and I do need some new gear. Thanks for the tips!

$40,000? Damn, I'll be eternally grateful and would kiss your ass in public every day for a year.

me too

Reminds me on that one: http://www.hitech-gamer.com/en/Ultimate-Gamer-PC/ - the cheap one below, Snake Eater V2 for $17.810 (converted form Euro to Dollar). Made me curios, who really buys a killer machine like that.

Back to Topic:

So my pc works well, still well with 4 GB, but new one I would recommend 8 GB, maybe as mentioned 2x8 GB RAM, depends on your pc habits :-)