decent web hosting/web hosting space

Question

9 answers to this question

I've used Arvixe hosting in the past, never had an issue. Unlimited storage, bandwidth and very reasonable.

I've used Arvixe hosting in the past, never had an issue. Unlimited storage, bandwidth and very reasonable.

do you currently reside in the US? I live overseas so did not know if this makes a difference :(

I would recommend dreamhost for the reason that they have very friendly and helpful support but also allow you a bit more freedom than some of the other hosts such as hostgator. if you use LifeHackers promo code the first year is $20 then the standard after (http://www.dreamhost.com/promo/lifehacker2013/). I use them but if you use Drupal I would stay away from them.

I use hostgator.com on my blog and been using them for years on several other websites. They have powerful servers and good support. Roughly around $5-6 a month for unlimited storage/bandwidth

I highly recommend asmallorange.com they have great customer service and out of the 7 years Ive been with them my website has been down once for an hour because of an outrage but other than that everything has been perfect.

webhostingbuzz - If you want a simple ready to go web server. It supports what you want (Idk about SSH though)

Digital Ocean - If you want a virtual system that can do anything! NOTE: This is much more advanced. You need to be able to install Apache, MySQL and anything else you want.

I highly recommend asmallorange.com they have great customer service and out of the 7 years Ive been with them my website has been down once for an hour because of an outrage but other than that everything has been perfect.

nope. They got bought out by EIG.

OP - Avoid anything on this list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_International_Group

edit: also avoid anything affiliated with godaddy.