A New Project Gotham Racing Isn't in Development

Phil Spencer, corporate vice president of Microsoft Game Studios, said on Twitter that a new Project Gotham Racing game isn't in development at this time.

"We aren't currently working on PGR," Spencer replied to a fan asking about the racing series. "I really liked the franchise, really just down to # of racing franchises."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/25/a-new-project-gotham-racing-isnt-in-development?abthid=530cf1b1ab29adb96a00002f

Well, I am sorry to say, but that blows. I don't know a single person that DIDN'T want a new PGR. It was the pinnicle of arcade racers

:angry:

• Like 1

Considering the studio was bought over by Acti-Bliz this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

The next best studio who could take over the project is Playground but apparently they're working on Horizon 2 (N)

Forza Horizon has kind of taken over what PGR did really.

I'm hoping the next Horizon will be more circuit based like PGR.

Considering the studio was bought over by Acti-Bliz this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

The next best studio who could take over the project is Playground but apparently they're working on Horizon 2 (N)

I think a few of the devs from the defunct Bizarre are in the Horizon team.

Well, Horizon is an amazing game, and we still want that. But it's open world. PGR is not. I really wish Phil would just take a chance and green light their IP. PGR was just so much fun. But so was Midtown Madness...and I wish we could get a new one of those.

Disagree with Horizon being amazing but I've been over that topic too many times since last year :laugh:

Even if they made a PGR now it wouldn't be same and just another NFS clone no doubt.

Something completely new would be far more interesting. Maybe a combat car game along the lines of Wipeout/Motorstorm or the like. Not another sim as Forza has pretty much nailed that genre already.

Disagree with Horizon being amazing but I've been over that topic too many times since last year :laugh:

Even if they made a PGR now it wouldn't be same and just another NFS clone no doubt.

Something completely new would be far more interesting. Maybe a combat car game along the lines of Wipeout/Motorstorm or the like. Not another sim as Forza has pretty much nailed that genre already.

lococycle_screenshot_1web.png

LOLOLOLOCOCYLE!  :laugh:

A good AAA combat racer ;)

Yeah, Xbox ain't got that. I guaranteed Mr. Spencer won't green light it either. They don't seem to take very many chances.

Shame, loved drifting through the corners.

Is Forza Horizon worth a blast? Not massively in to Forza. Played a little on 360 but not a lot.

Everyone goes on about PGR. Can we get some love for the reason we have PGR. Metropolis Street Racer.

Shame, loved drifting through the corners.

Is Forza Horizon worth a blast? Not massively in to Forza. Played a little on 360 but not a lot.

If you don't like circuit racing and more open world point to point racing then give it a go.

Don't expect much of a challenge out of it though.

It is a blast. Not sure if you played Test Drive Unlimited, but if you liked that, this is kinda similar but much better.

Sorry never played Test Drive. Had to Youtube it see what is was like.  :D  Had a quick look at Horizon while I was there. Looks quite good. I might see if I can pick this up at weekend. 

Shame as PGR is actually my favourite racer. I would most likely buy an Xbox One for a PGR game. Oh well.

Normally I hate open world games, as they're usually world first then they create the tracks in the world.

Horizons on the other hand is kind of opposite. When you play it, it's obvious the world was created around the tracks, and that the quality of tracks is paramount. There's very few of thos awkward corners that are in most city or open world games where the car will hit invisible solid corner walls and stop dead. compare this ti the first game to degenerate a franchise into the open world mess, NFS Underground. every track was horrible and merely forced into the world, as opposed to the previous NFS games that had beautifully crafted tracks. Horizons feels like those old NFS tracks, the tracks generally feel like beautifully crafted tracks, well designed and balanced and beautiful. 

Everyone goes on about PGR. Can we get some love for the reason we have PGR. Metropolis Street Racer.

If you don't like circuit racing and more open world point to point racing then give it a go.

Don't expect much of a challenge out of it though.

Depend son the difficulty you play at. at easy/medium sure you're not going to get much of a challenge. 

Personally I'd rather have a new Slipstream 5000 though, though somewhat different category, or Maybe Hi.Octane, good memories from that from when I first bought my first 486 DX90.

I don't know about a new PGR but I expect a good chunk of games at E3, they've been hinting at things from the start.