I hate how EA has forced me to waste time worrying about this crap.

Me too, and I really don't want to sound like I'm hating on them either just because "it's EA". I play lots of their games but they are one of the worst when it comes to monetisation. The first warning sign was the ridiculous price tag IMO.

This looks like a fun game.  Let me point out this is not a port of the 2D tower defense game.  It is full 3d shooter with the defense issues, playing either the Zombies or Plants..  It is mainly a PvsP multiplayer game. There is a two player split screen option but once again it appears as only two people on the same online team but only using player ones objects.  There also seems to be an X1 exclusive Boss Mode.  Most importantly all future DLC (new maps, characters etc..) will be included with the game.  After doing research it looks like it is getting fairly good reviews.  $40 bucks seems decent,  you can wait 6+ months and maybe find it on sale at 25 but, that will give me 6+ months of practice. :)

This looks like a fun game.  Let me point out this is not a port of the 2D tower defense game.  It is full 3d shooter with the defense issues, playing either the Zombies or Plants..  It is mainly a PvsP multiplayer game. There is a two player split screen option but once again it appears as only two people on the same online team but only using player ones objects.  There also seems to be an X1 exclusive Boss Mode.  Most importantly all future DLC (new maps, characters etc..) will be included with the game.  After doing research it looks like it is getting fairly good reviews.  $40 bucks seems decent,  you can wait 6+ months and maybe find it on sale at 25 but, that will give me 6+ months of practice. :)

Doesn't seem to change the odds in any games I play :P :cool: And I won't be biting at 25 either :laugh:

The free DLC is just another warning bell. Sure the price tag could justify it, but EA and free don't go hand in hand without a catch.

For anyone buying it now, I would love to here about the Boss mode.

That along with the local coop and smartglass third player features are why I'll be getting this on the X1 at some point.

For anyone buying it now, I would love to here about the Boss mode.

That along with the local coop and smartglass third player features are why I'll be getting this on the X1 at some point.

I just picked up my copy at lunch time, when I finish work I'll give it a shot and post my impressions on all of the modes.

I watched a few more videos yesterday.. I think I am going to bite and pick it up now.  Overall it looks like a fun game to play and has alot of strategic elements that TF2 had (classes, healers, etc) And yes.. free DLC screams IAP but maybe EA is going to shock the world!!

Played a couple of matches last night, I really dig the Mass Effect 3 MP feel with the sticker packs. The better you do, the more coins you get and the more coins equals more sticker packs to buy, it's a great incentive to keep playing.

I played a round in Boss Mode just using the controller and it was a blast. You'll get a view of the entire map and you can drop airstrikes and Healing all over the place, the nice touch is that to use the abilities you need to collect Sun which falls down the sky, much like the original PvZ. I didn't play long enough to try all modes and characters but the Soldier Zombie is a great character, that rocket jump is great for gaining the high ground.

Played a couple of matches last night, I really dig the Mass Effect 3 MP feel with the sticker packs. The better you do, the more coins you get and the more coins equals more sticker packs to buy, it's a great incentive to keep playing.

I played a round in Boss Mode just using the controller and it was a blast. You'll get a view of the entire map and you can drop airstrikes and Healing all over the place, the nice touch is that to use the abilities you need to collect Sun which falls down the sky, much like the original PvZ. I didn't play long enough to try all modes and characters but the Soldier Zombie is a great character, that rocket jump is great for gaining the high ground.

do you by chance have something with smartglass on it to test out its performance in Boss mode?

do you by chance have something with smartglass on it to test out its performance in Boss mode?

I have my Lumia 925, I was charging it in my room at that point and couldn't be bothered to run and grab it. I'll give it a shot tonight and let you know how it goes, I'll also give Kinect a try too.

picked up my copy today at lunch.. ill check it out tonight and check out the smartglass app with my ipad.

Excellent, hopefully you'll more luck than I did with it.

Apparently the Smartglass companion for PvZ was made for 7" devices, so my phone is a little too small and doesn't work properly with it. At the least Kinect works surprsingly well with Boss Mode.

Excellent, hopefully you'll more luck than I did with it.

Apparently the Smartglass companion for PvZ was made for 7" devices, so my phone is a little too small and doesn't work properly with it. At the least Kinect works surprsingly well with Boss Mode.

That sucks. I do have a tablet though and hopefully someone can try out the controls on a tablet.

Played a few rounds, great game, lots of fun. And based on the numerous card packs you can buy after earning coins each round.. I'd be shocked if they don't add in app purchases in the future

Picked this up over the weekend for xb1, had a few games on it, so far really fun and well worth the ?35 in the uk, I picked up the disk version as I couldn't be bothered to wait to download.

• 1 month later...

I just picked this up PvZ:GW tonight (installing now). I got a deal on it. $29.99 at Best Buy, + $10 Reard Zone Coupon. Only ended up paying $20. SOLD...

Edit: Wish it were digital though

Oh ok that's fine. I remember I won the lottery a couple of years ago and spent all the money on Premium Spectre Packs.

I ended up buying like a couple every month, but I had friends saying you'd be stupid to buy any heh.  So apparently they weren't really necessary, I just liked getting em.

I just picked this up PvZ:GW tonight (installing now). I got a deal on it. $29.99 at Best Buy, + $10 Reard Zone Coupon. Only ended up paying $20. SOLD...

Edit: Wish it were digital though

I believe there's free DLC out for it today as well fyi.

I believe there's free DLC out for it today as well fyi.

Really? Free? Since when EA published titles let content go for free?. Not complaining, just shocked

Game should be done installing now. Now to run down stairs and play a few rounds

Thanks for the heads up though.

Just got a round in before bed. Took 3 knockouts. But got my share of kills for a first timer.

PvZ:GW is just plain simple fun.

My wife and I have gotten a lot of play out of the game so far. The local co-op support and the third screen support is what made me pick up with X1 version.

Using smartglass via a tablet to play the game along with the two playing on the X1 itself has been pretty fun. It feels like a scenario you would expect from say the WiiU.

Is this coming to Android platform?

The game itself won't be, it's a third person shooter. If you meant the Boss Mode, you need to use Xbox One Smartglass for that.