Crazy Nintendo Investor Wants Us To Pay $0.99 For Higher Mario Jumps

?Just think of paying 99 cents just to get Mario to jump a little higher.? No. Let?s not think of that. Ever.

The quote above, in today?s Wall Street Journal, comes from Seth Fischer, manager of Oasis Management, a hedge fund that owns shares in Nintendo. The Journal got a look at a letter from Fischer to Nintendo president Satoru Iwata, where he makes the case for Nintendo getting into mobile gaming and, more specifically, the business of in-app purchases:

?We believe Nintendo can create very profitable games based on in-game revenue models with the right development team.?

Nintendo has said that they?re not bringing Mario to smart devices. And they?re not too keen on free-to-playeither. But Fischer ? dollar signs dancing in his eyeballs ? desperately wants Nintendo games on smartphones, tablets and wherever else they can make a buck:

?The same people who spent hours playing Super Mario, Donkey Kong, and Legend of Zelda as children are now a demographic whose engagement on the smartphone is valued by the market at well over $US100 billion.?

This kind of talk isn?t new. Fischer, like lots of other people obsessed with the company?s current problems, dreams of the money that the embattled game company could make by spreading out their franchise into other ecosystems. But there have been very good rebuttals to that line of thinking. For now, Satoru Iwata and the powers-that-be in the House of Mario believe that their iconic plumber?s best possible home is on hardware that Nintendo makes. Let?s be grateful for that.

And, if Mr. Fischer wants to a character that jumps higher, maybe he should play as Mario?s brother, who already jumps higher. It is the Year of Luigi, after all.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/02/crazy-nintendo-investor-wants-us-to-pay-099-for-higher-mario-jumps/

[via The Wall Street Journal]

Seriously the world would be a better place without people like this, Imagine a world where people invested in a company because they loved who and what they are instead of how they can destroy the souls of companies to make quick profit.

• Like 2

As a veteran game genie user back in the day, in my emperience.. Higher jumps means more death....

i miss my nes game genie, i had created some codes that had completly changed level designs

imm happy to pay 6.99 for Pokemon red or blue!

honestly, I would be too.  If it as a legit port.  Complete with missing no bug.

Seriously the world would be a better place without people like this, Imagine a world where people invested in a company because they loved who and what they are instead of how they can destroy the souls of companies to make quick profit.

blame the stock market then; when a company goes public and people invest their money on them, people want profit, they don't care about the company. And that's sad, because that's the way companies die.

Next thing you know, you'll have to insert quarters into your console to continue playing.

Shh. For the love of Pete please ..shhh. Don't give them any ideas.. next apple will develop the iQuarter cross platform quarter slot.. :D

But what if you could laugh at him the whole day for just 4.99$?

What about FTP but you can buy DLC??? #1 DLC Simpsons Nelson Laugh with Pointed finder.