Grandparents house, then and now

A few weeks ago I was digitizing an 8mm tape from Christmas 1994 at my grandparents house. Then that following weekend I was at my grandparents house with my dad helping him do some stuff in the house. Both my grandparents are now deceased and for my the past year my parents have been getting the house ready for sale and in fact just sold it a few days ago. But while I was in the house looking at all the empty rooms, I thought,

"Wouldn't it be cool to record video from the empty room and match it with the same angle in the video from 1994 and then fade between them... and then add a little sad violine music for effect.

The video below is what I came up with. Yes that is me in the first scene taking the photo.

Enjoy!

• Like 3

Nice.  I have some old reel film that was converted to VHS.  I need to take that and make digital copies. There is a video of my brother, sister, and I opening up a Atari 2600 at Christmas.  Silent film to.

Nice.  I have some old reel film that was converted to VHS.  I need to take that and make digital copies. There is a video of my brother, sister, and I opening up a Atari 2600 at Christmas.  Silent film to.

Cool. I still have Atari 400. :)

"The video below is what I came up with. Yes that is be in the first scene taking the photo."

Don't you mean "me"?  Grammar error really screws up my reading.  I have to read multiple times trying to make sense.

Pretty nice comparison video there :)

"The video below is what I came up with. Yes that is be in the first scene taking the photo."

Don't you mean "me"?  Grammar error really screws up my reading.  I have to read multiple times trying to make sense.

I never even noticed that, i just read it as me.

I think its safe to say "be" is supposed to "me".

Just wondering.. did you mean "Diseased" as in both have diseases.. or deceased as in passed away?

This made me smile.

Remembering an episode from "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn".

Seems like a nice memory.  Touching way to remember them, your family and the house.

(Ignore the negative responses, some people are too cynical and/or jaded.)

The only thing sad about the video is the little dog is dead now. The rest I don't care. LOL

The only thing sad about the video is the little dog is dead now. The rest I don't care. LOL

You THINK ... the little dog is dead....

You THINK ... the little dog is dead....

Video is 20 years old. Does Dont live that long, less so with little dogs.