xbox one microsoft

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Kvally

Kvally

Neowin Veteran

• Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 27 February 2014 - 14:22

Xbox One's 2014 exclusives list doesn't begin and end with Titanfall, Microsoft Studios corporate vice-president Phil Spencer has assured followers on Twitter - there are Other Things on the way, lurking in the periphery of our vision like... Hmm, what's the appropriate reference point? Something from Microsoft's back catalogue, I guess. OK: like a cloaked Elite waiting to pounce.

More at link.

http://www.totalxbox...coming-in-2014/

Quote from Phil:

@cotugnovincenzo Had to think about this: out this year, unannounced and exclusive. Yes.

Boom! My hard drive is over half full and it's only been 90 days. We need that external HDD patch quick for all these damn games!

#2 +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• Tech Issues Solved: 14

Posted 27 February 2014 - 14:31

Boom! My hard drive is over half full and it's only been 90 days. We need that external HDD patch quick for all these damn games!

Still waiting for this as well.  Everything the XBOX 360 could do should of been what the X1 can do right from the start.

#3 XorpiZ

XorpiZ

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 27 February 2014 - 14:31

I'm really looking forward to E3. Lots of big announcements to be made!

#4 the better twin

the better twin

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 27 February 2014 - 15:39

Just sounds like Halo 2 Anniversary to me.

#5 OP Kvally

Kvally

Neowin Veteran

Posted 27 February 2014 - 15:49

Just sounds like Halo 2 Anniversary to me.

Huh?

#6 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 27 February 2014 - 16:20

I expect E3 to be big on the games front but isn't GDC coming up first? I read a post today saying that MS is going to showoff the next version of DX, probably DX12.

#7 Mandosis

Mandosis

Je'daii Ranger

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 27 February 2014 - 16:30

Still waiting for this as well.  Everything the XBOX 360 could do should of been what the X1 can do right from the start.

Its not that easy to do when you start making everything from scratch again but that should have been a goal higher up on their list of priorities.

#8 OP Kvally

Kvally

Neowin Veteran

Posted 27 February 2014 - 16:35

Yeah, I am not to bothered that these new gen consoles were missing features. They are coming, so no worries there. We got great games, which is the most important part.

#9 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 February 2014 - 16:37

If they stick to monthly updates like it sounds like then all or most of these features are going to be added before the holidays arrive.

#10 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 27 February 2014 - 16:42

If they stick to monthly updates like it sounds like then all or most of these features are going to be added before the holidays arrive.

But that's a years progress lost on real new features instead of just getting back to what we already had.

I'm sure they'll be adding a mix of old and new stuff but still, how can they screw up parties when they perfected it 5/6yrs ago

#11 OP Kvally

Kvally

Neowin Veteran

Posted 27 February 2014 - 16:43

how can they screw up parties when they perfected it 5/6yrs ago

This is Microsoft we are talking about. They have a history of screwing up things.

#12 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 February 2014 - 16:47

It's clear to me that they rushed it, it should've had another year of work on it but saying that I expect a mix of missing and new features to come, March is adding the new twitch features for example while also fixing parties. Same could be the case going forward in the next updates.

#13 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia 3110

Posted 27 February 2014 - 23:26

He doesnt make it sound very promising, but at least we know there is at least one unannounced xbox exclusive coming out in 2014.

#14 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 27 February 2014 - 23:29

I would hope so in a debut year! If the last exclusive was in March that'd be pretty worrying. Doing it from memory isn't easy with such a busy release calendar :laugh:

#15 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 27 February 2014 - 23:49

Seems like Sony and MS decided to rush to market and it resulted in two consoels that lacked many features of the previous versions.

But that's a years progress lost on real new features instead of just getting back to what we already had.

I'm sure they'll be adding a mix of old and new stuff but still, how can they screw up parties when they perfected it 5/6yrs ago

Again, its a result of starting over. They couldnt just port features for whatever reason. The reason they took this hit was mostly due to the fact that the 360 OS was simply too limited to carry over to the next gen and offer MS the flexibility they wanted. Moving to a windows 8 core opens up a lot of options, but it means they have to suffer this period of severe lack in features.

Sony made a similar choice for the ps4, sacrificing many features of the ps3 in order to build a more robust OS for the future.