official banished shining rock software pc city building

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Decebalvs Rex

Decebalvs Rex

Transylvanian

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 06 March 2014 - 23:40

A difficult and beautiful game! I have stopped playing it for a while because my citizens died of hunger.

Thanks for the tips dear Neowinians, I'll consider building another town and concentrate on food.

Also, don't place your huts and mines too far away, villagers might die on their way to work (winter)!

#17 Island Dog

Island Dog

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 March 2014 - 21:02

Just need to take it slow, and think ahead a bit.

#18 OP Sir Topham Hatt

Sir Topham Hatt

A Very Talented Individual

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 09 March 2014 - 18:19

Played a few more hours and was really starting to enjoy it.

Then I took in (about 14) nomads and killed off 50 people in my town!

I think I found it hard because you can't build loads of food producing buildings without building a tool maker.  He then needs iron, but I put it down to the map seed I was on.  I've started again now.  The map isn't brill but good enough.

I played on the Settlers 7 and couldn't get to grips with that so went back to Banished and all seems a little better this time around.

#19 Symal Taneous

Symal Taneous

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 4S, Nexus 7

Posted 14 July 2014 - 17:26

I do love this game, but I am definitely looking forward to mod support being added to it. I'd love to see what people can come up with in terms of mods for this game. I'd love to see mods that add time progression functionality, like as the years progress, new technologies can be discovered, new techniques (like fishing boats for fishing), new jobs to replace old ones, new buildings (law enforcement/fire safety would be a good one, same with bakery), and adding more features to the game as the years go by, like once you get to the age of machinery, you could gain the ability to modify the landscape, so you could create artificial rivers and remove obstacles like small hills and such.

#20 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1u1

Posted 14 July 2014 - 17:49

its like Oregon trail but staying still I cant keep anyone alive I love it for the challenge.

#21 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 14 July 2014 - 17:50

I have this game on my Steam wishlist, but I'm waiting for it to go under the $5 range. I love the fact that it was made by a single person. It's incredibly impressive, and I really wish I had the knowledge to do that myself; so I wouldn't mind supporting them. But I'm not a huge fan of hardcore-sim games like this. I get the itch to play a city-building game every once in a while, but I never play them for very long. Hopefully the Steam winter sale will bring it down to my target range so I can try it out.

#22 Krome

Krome

Neowinian God!

Posted 14 July 2014 - 18:07

Do you have to have Steam or such to install this game?  I want a standalone game.

#23 Symal Taneous

Symal Taneous

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 4S, Nexus 7

Posted 14 July 2014 - 18:31

Do you have to have Steam or such to install this game?  I want a standalone game.

I believe it's also available on gog.com

#24 Krome

Krome

Neowinian God!

Posted 15 July 2014 - 16:58

Thanks... game looks good...

#25 blank

blank

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Iphone 5

Posted 19 July 2014 - 21:33

Been really getting into this game. It seems buggy and annoying at first, but thats just the hardcore feel i suppose.

Once you realize what you're doing wrong, it makes alot of sense (not having enough of one thing, not planning ahead, etc).

Alot of balancing.

Towns kept dying out, mostly due to random starvation, but i pretty much have that figured out now, and on my 500th attempt i finally have a decent town going. Several hundred people, tons of food, all is well.

Game is pretty fun. can sink hours into it easily without realizing it.

Amazing that one guy made it.

Current town:

l7K.png

edit:

well thats annoying. just had over 200 people die of old age. :|

Edited by blank, 19 July 2014 - 22:10.