• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 +beanboy89

beanboy89

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:30

What Macs are abandoned by Apple? Most Snow Leopard machines can upgrade to Mavericks for free O _o The few that run SL but wont run Mavericks (Very early core duos and core solos) can still find software for SL.

Anyone who doesn't want to/can't upgrade to Mavericks (not too many users fall into this category, but some still do) can still run an up-to-date OS (Windows 8.1/any current Linux distro) if they want to.

#32 vetsanctified

sanctified

Your order is meaningless. My chaos is significant.

• Phone: iPhone 5 (very cheap second hand)

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:33

Anyone who doesn't want to/can't upgrade to Mavericks (not too many users fall into this category, but some still do) can still run an up-to-date OS (Windows 8.1/any current Linux distro) if they want to.

As a free update that can run every universal binary released I truly, honestly, cant think of an scenario that would make anyone not want to upgrade to mavericks. It's even faster than Snow Leopard on old machines.

#33 Order_66

Order_66

Neowinian

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:08

As a free update that can run every universal binary released I truly, honestly, cant think of an scenario that would make anyone not want to upgrade to mavericks. It's even faster than Snow Leopard on old machines.

Some will cling to it because it can run some of the PPC stuff with rosetta and has X11 even though Xquartz is out, others don't like the messenger integration in newer versions of OSX.

None of it bothered me, Mavericks is great.

#34 Brian M.

Brian M.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:12

First off, I highly doubt their "1 in 5 run Snow Leopard" claim. 

Plus, unless you're running pretty old hardware, there's always a free upgrade to Mavericks. I see that as "providing updates" essentially. But that would get in the way of Computerworld's sensationalist headlines!