Unit 13 (PSVita)

12805143034_5f07f9a9a5_m.jpg

Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite (PSVita)

12805143174_ab4fa90a3e_m.jpg

Source (PS Plus Blog)

-----

[uSA] PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection: February 2014

Edited by Andrew G.

An ok selection. I dont really have any favorites though. I'm quite tired of zombie games, so Dead Nation does nothing for me.

Do you have any friends to play co-op with? (Sorry if that sounds like I'm asking if you HAVE friends lol).

Dead Nation is brilliant with 2 players. That and the TR isometric co-op game were 2 of the best experiences me and my GF had last gen. Both played from start to finish without much deviation to anything else.

For everyone's information, features over PS3 version

Exclusively available on PS4, Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition features numerous enhancements, making it the best version yet. You can now play in full 1080p HD, with improved textures, rendering, and effects ? Dead Nation has never looked better. We also improved the controls, adding in a quick weapon select so your favorite zombie decimator is never out of reach.

The Road to Devastation expansion is now included in the main game, giving you two extra game modes ? Arcade and Endless ? allowing you to test yourself against ever increasing odds. And with support for the official PlayStation companion app, all you completionists out there now have a second screen to monitor your game stats as you play.

One of the new features in Apocalypse Edition, which you may have spotted in the trailer, is Challenge mode; every time you finish a single level, you can now send your score over to a friend to try and beat. When playing a challenge you can see the avatar of the player who set the challenge, allowing you to race against them or scope out their high-scoring route. What?s that I hear you say? ?What if your friends are no match for your zombie decapitating skills?? Well, how about you take on the challenge of any leaderboard entry, for any single level, made by any player?

My favorite new feature is Broadcast+ mode. In this mode, you can stream your game to the masses interactively, and your viewers can influence the difficulty of your game. Periodically all your viewers, whether they be on PS4 or a web browser, have the option to vote between a positive and negative effect that occurs in your game. There are a total of 30 different voting effects that can occur, ranging from spawning zombie packs to giving the player ammo, or even disabling the player?s ability to sprint. But don?t worry; as a player you can get back at the masses, because voters will appear in your game as named zombies for you to exact your revenge on.

Stay on the lookout for more Dead Nation news soon, including hints and tips and an update on the PS Vita version.

Some of those streaming features coming through on this one.

Do you have any friends to play co-op with? (Sorry if that sounds like I'm asking if you HAVE friends lol).

Dead Nation is brilliant with 2 players. That and the TR isometric co-op game were 2 of the best experiences me and my GF had last gen. Both played from start to finish without much deviation to anything else.

It is true that I value games that have a strong coop experience becuase so few actually make the effort, but man, I'm really tired of the zombie setting. Its free, so of course I will still give a try with my friends, but its just not exciting to me.

TR is a game I really do want to get, but I'm going to hold out for the ps4 edition. If I play the ps3 edition now, I'll be less motivated to waste my time just for better graphics.

• 2 weeks later...