Posted 27 February 2014 - 23:56

Too busy for me.

#17 Stokkolm

Stokkolm

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Lumia 1520

Posted 28 February 2014 - 00:06

I like it a lot, especially the start screen. I could also see the usefulness of your control center there and MS could make that work inside of an app that's already open by just swiping from the side instead of down or up.

#18 Kyang

Kyang

Posted 28 February 2014 - 00:19

Some more thoughts.

All the elements in the control center should probably following the same spacing and margins as the rest of the OS.  Actually the elements don't even consistently align with each other just within the control center.

Also, why is one of the notifications on top , followed by some facebook buttons, then with "settings" thrown in (Is that for FB settings or OS settings?) followed by other notifications?  Is the most recent notification automatically put on top?  They should probably be put together.

The AM/PM in the upper left clock written "a.m.", while the time in notifications is written "am" without the periods.  I'd pick one and stick with it.

Saying "Twitter", "Facebook", etc, is redundant with the service icons already over each friend's avatar.  One or the other.

The "name" for the user button on the start screen is aligned with the middle of the avatar, while the text for everything else is aligned with the lower edge.  This is another consistency issue, and again I'd recommend picking one way and sticking with it.

Facebook starts with a capital letter in the upper notification, while the service names are written in all lower case for the other notifications.

#19 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 28 February 2014 - 00:21

What about the Surface where there isn't one? That's still a pain for me if I'm not at the lock screen or the desktop. But I haven't bothered to install an app for it.

You can check the battery anywhere in the OS, by sliding open the Charms bar.

#20 Kyang

Kyang

Posted 28 February 2014 - 00:24

How do your notifications deal with text overflow?  Each one in your mockups are all extremely short one liners.  Will they be cut off with ellipses, fade off, etc?

#21 OP subcld

subcld

Neowinian

• Phone: Lumia 720 + 520

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:27

What's with the power tile? That looks awful. Users are not going to reboot their phones like they do their other devices. Nor would the OS just reboot itself automatically. What if you were in the middle of an important call?

Also, I personally think that concept is way too busy.

its battery app already available on widows phone store

http://www.windowsph...28-e934815b25cb

#22 OP subcld

subcld

Neowinian

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:33

Interesting concept, but on the 2nd and 3rd pics, I guess you're assuming that everyone in the contacts list has a picture assigned to them. What happens if they don't have one?

Also, I don't think you need to spell out 'facebook' 'whatsapp' etc. since the icon already tells you where it's from.

you can assign picture for any contact you want on wp8

#23 OP subcld

subcld

Neowinian

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:45

Some more thoughts.

All the elements in the control center should probably following the same spacing and margins as the rest of the OS.  Actually the elements don't even consistently align with each other just within the control center.

Also, why is one of the notifications on top , followed by some facebook buttons, then with "settings" thrown in (Is that for FB settings or OS settings?) followed by other notifications?  Is the most recent notification automatically put on top?  They should probably be put together.

The AM/PM in the upper left clock written "a.m.", while the time in notifications is written "am" without the periods.  I'd pick one and stick with it.

Saying "Twitter", "Facebook", etc, is redundant with the service icons already over each friend's avatar.  One or the other.

The "name" for the user button on the start screen is aligned with the middle of the avatar, while the text for everything else is aligned with the lower edge.  This is another consistency issue, and again I'd recommend picking one way and sticking with it.

Facebook starts with a capital letter in the upper notification, while the service names are written in all lower case for the other notifications.

on wp8 if you open me tile the first thing you see is your picture and last massage you typed on social network its the same thing

another thing i can't believe i forgot to add usernames on me page

thank you for your feedback :)

#24 PmRd

PmRd

Neowinian

• Phone: Windows Phone 8 (Nokia 1020)

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:52

Was there a discount on ovals?

#25 +Xenosion

Xenosion

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:09

You can check the battery anywhere in the OS, by sliding open the Charms bar.

I never noticed that near the clock. Thanks :p

#26 +Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:22

Nice :)

Would the transparency be user adjustable?

#27 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 28 February 2014 - 19:08

I never noticed that near the clock. Thanks :p

np.

#28 OP subcld

subcld

Neowinian

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:06

Nice :)

Would the transparency be user adjustable?

i really think it should be optional and adjustable you can turn it on or off its a choice to meet everyone taste just like backgrounds if you don't like it leave it black

uFQQphX.png

#29 +Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:12

i really think it should be optional and adjustable you can turn it on or off its a choice to meet everyone taste just like backgrounds if you don't like it leave it black

~img snip~

I really like it, and found the standard plain old background a little boring, faded out tiles and a custom wallpaper is a plus in my book :)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!