Photo

Is Milk Veg or Non-Veg?

poll

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Is Milk Veg or Non-Veg

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Is Milk Veg or Non-Veg

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 OP badb0y

badb0y

I'm Bad!

• 973 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 20:03

I dunno, some people were talking that its made from flesh... like it doesn't appear "magically" out of no where..?

#32 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,663 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 28 February 2014 - 20:06

Milk is vegetarian because you're not eating the cow. If you refuse to eat any animal products meat or otherwise, you're a vegan. There is a big difference. There really isn't a reason to poll this, as it's the definition of the terms. Pretty cut and dry if you ask me.

#33 xrobwx

xrobwx

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

• 1,107 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note II

Posted 28 February 2014 - 20:11

sigh, let me explain

Before a mammal starts giving milk it needs to be pregnant and give birth to offspring. In the case of a cow it needs a calf ;). So they need to get a calf at a rate of one per year (more or less) to keep producing milk. The farmer only needs a small percentage of offspring to keep his herd at the same size, so most of the calfs are slaughtered when the milk production is good and going. When a cow is too old it also goes to the slaughterhause. So yes, to produce milk you have to kill animals, I kind of thought that was common knowledge ;)

I thought they simply gave them a lactate inducing drug.  :s