Should Windows Xp Die?

Should Windows Xp Die?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Should Windows Xp Die?

Software dies with hardware, not the other way around.

So, until the time comes when all the old PCs are upgraded or replaced, Windows XP will keep on living.

This message was sent from my work computer running WinXP.

• Like 3

Windows XP will die a natural death when Microsoft and/or the hardware vendors will make a technological progress so good that it will make everyone swoon in awe and entice them to upgrade.

Remember MS-Dos/Windows 3.1 vs Windows 95? Same thing

nope

alot of companys refuse to upgrade & i don't blame them

Have to say I feel the same way. I have no desire to use Windows XP any more, but I can understand why lots of places still are. 

Seeing how I came across a PoS with Windows 9x on there recently, I'll have to go with no. (Though a few registers over, there were a few Win7 PoSes.) That's before you get into those green screen terminals still in use at department stores and even a jewelry store running z/OS or something. The latter actually had a machine which looked straight out of the late 80s or early 90s.

XP still has a useful life as an embedded system. As a workstation client, that's another story.

Sure would be nice if it did. Doesn't look like it though. I myself have a laptop that can't be upgraded past XP. These days I simply make sure not to connect it to the internet.

As long as there are people who have a machine running on XP, I'd say no. XP should not die...

There are masses of people who are have saved for months (if not years) to buy a computer and who are not able to upgrade/buy a new computer. I'm looking at upcoming markets here.

Option 1 Let Windows Xp die 

Option 2 Allow Windows XP be free to use or turn it into Open source or free software

Developers, Developers, Developers. Stop providing support for windows xp when you update your software and it WILL die.

When Windows 9 will arrive, XP will still maintain a nice marketshare. lol.

No,

It should not die. To many people still using it. Vista on the other hand, well that's for another poll!

Yes,

It should die for technology's sake!!

XP was really nice, but it should die now... Upgrade to Windows 8.1 or soon 8.1 Update 1 ... or at least Windows 7...

Not everyone can afford to upgrade.  Others can't because of limitations within Windows 8 and don't want to spend extra cash on a new system,

At work we have 13 XP machines, which will be getting shut off from the internet and upgraded when every possible.

At home, my girlfriend has a Dell running XP and Linux Mint. Will stop using XP shortly, when Mint is set up with software she uses.