Teen sues parents for support, kicked out

wives walk out of their marriages and get rewarded with alimony... we have a no-fault divorce system. It doesn't matter who did what. The only thing different between this girl and a married woman is that she wasn't married.

All she has to do is get knocked up while unwed - then the state will provide her and a child a clean, safe place to live, a monthly stipend for food and other necessities - and will pay for her education and childcare.  She can finish her degree while the taxpayers flip the bill - and even better, it's a free ride for 18 years - unless she manages to pop out another one or two along the way.  

This is the real burden on American society - and it's a cycle of government dependency that often repeats itself from one generation to the next.

• Like 3

To quote Penn & Teller... "Alimony is Bullsh**!"

If someone chooses to leave a relationship, through no fault of the ones they leave, why should that person deserve a damn thing from the ones they're leaving?

you-know-why-divorces-are-so-expensive-t

I have decided to currently stick to the "Services and OS Support", "Technical Help & Support", and "The Big Wrestling Thread". If you see me post in other sections, please bring it to my attention as I will delete the post

This is General & Off Topic Discussion > Real World News.

Bye bye post?

Hello,

This is General & Off Topic Discussion > Real World News.

Bye bye post?

lol.

Yeah, +riahc3, I see out posting in all different areas all the time. What's with the sig?

Tend to forget that I try to stick out of these areas, sorry. Thanks for reminding me though :) We need more helpful members around here.

If this case wins, I wonder if I can now sue my parents for back support - retroactive from the time I left home at 18.

I'm gonna be rich.

Well, 'Applebees for dinner tonight' rich.

She is a kid...

Wait, are we talking about the adult woman???

Hello,

Tend to forget that I try to stick out of these areas, sorry. Thanks for reminding me though :) We need more helpful members around here.

You're a weird person, riahc3 :rofl:

wives walk out of their marriages and get rewarded with alimony... we have a no-fault divorce system. It doesn't matter who did what. The only thing different between this girl and a married woman is that she wasn't married.

You cannot compare a relationship both parties enter into to that of a now legal adult who left because she did not like the rules of the house which she had resided (for free) and decided to leave.  Even if they had kicked her out, she is entitled to nothing. The only exception is that some states consider an 18 year old as a dependent if they are still in general school.  In this case, she is in her last semester.  However, she is entitled only to receive public education.  What she wants is tuition for the private school she was attending, plus tuition for college. 

This comes down to nothing more than a perfect example of today's youths thinking they are entitled to everything without having to contribute and/or abide by rules.

If this case wins, I wonder if I can now sue my parents for back support - retroactive from the time I left home at 18.

I'm gonna be rich.

Yes legally she is considered an adult at 18 for everything other than booze, yay America!

I'm gonna be rich.

Adult by law only, heh.

18 years old is not a kid. She's an adult.

at 18, my parents gave a me a fair choice. at 18, I was an adult. my choice was to join the military. I earned my keep.

A lot of hot air going on... I think probably none of you know exactly what kind of situation she or her parents were/are in.

A lot of hot air going on... I think probably none of you know exactly what kind of situation she or her parents were/are in.

Guarantee that two things happened. She was trying to live with her parents and she was not complying with the rule of the house. Then she decided to move out probably against her parents wish or also could be that her parents wants her out and she does not want it and finally she sue.

ROSELAND, N.J. (AP) ? The New Jersey honor student who sued to get her parents to support her after she moved out of their home has reunited with them, and the family is now asking for privacy.

Rachel Canning's return does not involve any financial or other considerations, the lawyer for the 18-year-old's parents said Wednesday. Angelo Sarno said that the dispute had been settled "amicably," but refused to comment further on the litigation.

Sarno said Rachel Canning moved back in with her parents on Tuesday night and said the notoriety surrounding the suit had damaged the family.

http://news.yahoo.com/honor-student-sued-parents-returns-home-151953137.html

there should be young adult benefits so the girl can fend for herself, money of course coming out of mom and dads pockets through life-long taxes.

the problem with welfare is it should take care of this, but pays little and is hard to get approved for, and doesn't pay for education and other necessary living expenses. so I totally vote for something, maybe even free education/housing because people need it.

I am also on the side that thinks that the mom and pops should be paying their way to take care of their children long until they're fully capable of doing it on their own.

there should be young adult benefits so the girl can fend for herself, money of course coming out of mom and dads pockets through life-long taxes.

the problem with welfare is it should take care of this, but pays little and is hard to get approved for, and doesn't pay for education and other necessary living expenses. so I totally vote for something, maybe even free education/housing because people need it.

I am also on the side that thinks that the mom and pops should be paying their way to take care of their children long until they're fully capable of doing it on their own.

WTF are you smoking? If she's old enough to sue her parents, she's old enough to act as adult and take care of herself. The idea of taxing parents to take care of their children after the age of 18 is one of the most asinine ideas Iv ever heard of.

if she was my kid i would not let her back home

yes it was a error on her part but she needs to learn from this

taking her back in ain't going to teach her anything

make her find a job and see what its like

WTF are you smoking? If she's old enough to sue her parents, she's old enough to act as adult and take care of herself. The idea of taxing parents to take care of their children after the age of 18 is one of the most asinine ideas Iv ever heard of.

I don't see issues with that if the adult son or daughter wants to stay with their parents beyond 21, he or she will need to have a job to help paying bills, like renting an apartment. That's the way it should be.

I don't see issues with that if the adult son or daughter wants to stay with their parents beyond 21, he or she will need to have a job to help paying bills, like renting an apartment. That's the way it should be.

There is no problem with that, what Im saying is an issue is specifically taxing parents as in the manner that nullie was talking about.

There is no problem with that, what Im saying is an issue is specifically taxing parents as in the manner that nullie was talking about.

ah ok :rolleyes: