Well, there is also a visual downgrade from PS4.

I don't know if that's how they did it but for the sake of argument, lets say it is, rocksteady handed them over their unfinished PS4 code and told them to port it, ok, but then they just did a quick port and didn't bother to fix anything it seems.   I mean the PS4 version got a pretty big 3.5GB-4GB day one patch, the PC version didn't get anything.   Maybe the PS4 version minus the day one patch is just like the PC version (without the NVidia specific GameWorks stuff)?

The thinking here is that for whatever reason they locked it at 30fps because they coded the games systems (physics and so on) specifically for that speed, so upping It would crash it for people, though not always.  Some say they get more problems on mechanical drives while on fast SSDs you don't get extreme frame rate drops, so they did a poor job optimizing data streaming it seems.

TB also, brings up the fact that when you look at the gamepad options you see a Dual Shock 4, it could be nothing but till release day all the gameplay and demos shown off were on a PS4, I'm thinking the PC was ported from the PS4 version for whatever reason.  Not that it's not doable but if we're talking Windows and DX11, then you'd think they'd at least port it from the Xbox One version.

I had the Xbox One controller shown when I first went in although I have an Xbox 360 pad. I think the detection method is just broken/lazy.

I'm running the game from 2x Samsung 840 EVO's in Intel RAID (Stripe), so throughput is not a problem.

Physics-wise, there are a few glitches removing the cap when crashing into criminals in the batmobile (think Halo Jump Test). The game will lockup & hardcrash though when not a lot is going on as opposed to being taxed in anyway. My first two came whilst viewing the evidence room in GCPD - so no justifiable reason for it, just a really terrible port. I tested a bit last night, it crashes almost everytime in the same game area when the cap is removed.

I had the Xbox One controller shown when I first went in although I have an Xbox 360 pad. I think the detection method is just broken/lazy.

I'm running the game from 2x Samsung 840 EVO's in Intel RAID (Stripe), so throughput is not a problem.

Physics-wise, there are a few glitches removing the cap when crashing into criminals in the batmobile (think Halo Jump Test). The game will lockup & hardcrash though when not a lot is going on as opposed to being taxed in anyway. My first two came whilst viewing the evidence room in GCPD - so no justifiable reason for it, just a really terrible port. I tested a bit last night, it crashes almost everytime in the same game area when the cap is removed.

Right, but the same doesn't happen with the 30fps cap on right?   If so then it's weird that they locked it to 30fps and coded things specifically for that rate on the PC. Maybe they didn't have time to patch it for 60fps or higher to make it more stable but then again the game has been delayed twice already.

Right, but the same doesn't happen with the 30fps cap on right?   If so then it's weird that they locked it to 30fps and coded things specifically for that rate on the PC. Maybe they didn't have time to patch it for 60fps or higher to make it more stable but then again the game has been delayed twice already.

No physics related issues at 30FPS that I have noticed.

Issues with bouncing bodies are in-frequent when enabling V-Sync @ 60Hz / 60FPS. I have noticed that the air control in the Batmobile starts to act a bit wacky though still (Think Carmageddon 2).

I tried knocking all the settings down to their lowest for the best possible performance and this happens after the intro credit roll:

SaZkHPw.png

No physics related issues at 30FPS that I have noticed.

Issues with bouncing bodies are in-frequent when enabling V-Sync @ 60Hz / 60FPS. I have noticed that the air control in the Batmobile starts to act a bit wacky though still (Think Carmageddon 2).

I tried knocking all the settings down to their lowest for the best possible performance and this happens after the intro credit roll:

SaZkHPw.png

Well I think this explains why there's a lack of options in the game itself, they've coded it to specific settings as far as stability goes, if you mess with the settings to any degree it'll just crash more and more.   Pretty silly really, but oh well, it's a damn shame.

Being that it's an Unreal engine game, it should get fixed. There's nothing unique about it from a cross-platform point of view and it's one of the most portable game engines availible. To fail in this way shows the PC port team were way in over their head and lack even basic experience with Unreal products.

Being that it's an Unreal engine game, it should get fixed. There's nothing unique about it from a cross-platform point of view and it's one of the most portable game engines availible. To fail in this way shows the PC port team were way in over their head and lack even basic experience with Unreal products.

The point no one has mentioned is that neither console likely is hampered by DX11s handling of GPU scheduling -

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9124/amd-dives-deep-on-asynchronous-shading

The consoles may not be perfect but they definitely have that going for them.

Well I think this explains why there's a lack of options in the game itself, they've coded it to specific settings as far as stability goes, if you mess with the settings to any degree it'll just crash more and more.   Pretty silly really, but oh well, it's a damn shame.

Not really silly when it comes to obscure settings. I really dislike games with a wall of text of options requiring a complete night to set and many searches on google.

But the base options must be there. There's no excuse for things like SSAO/HBAO, aniso, fov, motion blur, depth of field and fps limiter (if you got one built-in in the ini) to not be there in the options menu.

The alan wake and tomb raider ports is how it should be done. Not too much options but the most important ones are there. You can enable MSAA or SSAA, you have SSAO or HBAO, you can play with aniso, change the FOV, turn off options making the image blurry like motion blur or depth of field. That's how it should be done.

First patch released for PC:

Below is the list of the key areas where we are dedicating our resources to improve the experience for our loyal fans:

• Support for frame rates above 30FPS in the graphics settings menu
  • Fix for low resolution texture bug
  • Improve overall performance and framerate hitches
  • Add more options to the graphics settings menu
  • Improvements to hard drive streaming and hitches
  • Address full screen rendering bug on gaming laptops
  • Improvements to system memory and VRAM usage
  • NVIDIA SLI bug fixes
  • Enabling AMD Crossfire
  • NVIDIA and AMD updated drivers

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/145587678178226617

That's not in the patch though.  Planned fixes.

Actual notes:

The first patch is being released now and the updates include:

• Fixed a crash that was happening for some users when exiting the game
  • Fixed a bug which disabled rain effects and ambient occlusion. We are actively looking into fixing other bugs to improve this further
  • Corrected an issue that was causing Steam to re-download the game when verifying the integrity of the game cache through the Steam client
  • Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when turning off Motion Blur in BmSystemSettings.ini. A future patch will enable this in the graphics settings menu

That's not in the patch though.  Planned fixes.

Actual notes:

Apologies, you are quite right. Too much wishful thinking.

I uninstalled the game. I'm so over this. Never playing Batman game ever again. Cheers. I'm tired of this BS. They knew it was fundementally broken, unless they were stupid enough to release it without testing it.... I'd say not a great game anyway. Cliche ridden, crappy textures, broken physics and waiting more weeks for things to be fixed? Adios. With the pure amount of studios out there with great games, this is but a sneeze of nothing. No one should have to go through this nonsense when they can use their time better.

With the pure amount of studios out there with great games

This year?  What games are we talking about here?  Witcher 3 and...Witcher 3?  Was there also Witcher 3?

Personally, left the 30fps cap alone and am enjoying it.  About 13%...I'd be farther but win10 insists on reinstalling its drivers so I have to install the 15.6 betas every time I want to play it heh.

Hate all the Riddler crap in this game.  Annoying on all the Batman games.  Seems they only put in the trophys for achievement hunters or to try and extend the game for some.  That, and the dialog every time you die gets old real quick.  Yes, I died and dont need a character mocking me each time. 

Disappointing game.  For one, it was obvious half way thru the game who the Knight was.  And for 2, I cannot get the Nightall ending without completing all the Jokers riddles.  ###### if you ask me as I am not going to spend all that time doing tedious tasks and finding over 200 trophies.

Blah....bring on more Witcher 3.

###### if you ask me as I am not going to spend all that time doing tedious tasks and finding over 200 trophies.

Yeah that's true of most people who play the Batman games I think.  I have yet to do all the Riddler stuff in any of them.

I've done everything but the riddler and can't bring myself to do anymore riddler races, they're tedious

Yeah that's true of most people who play the Batman games I think.  I have yet to do all the Riddler stuff in any of them.

I've done everything but the riddler and can't bring myself to do anymore riddler races, they're tedious

To damn many of them. 

And when you deal with Azrael and have him break the sword and not try and kill batman, then he does not go to jail.  So you need to do the Joker trophies ###### in order to get to the ending.  So basically, cannot finish the damn game.