Hoverboards Are Finally Here!?

Anyone can build a car. It doesn't take much to create a bed, and 4 wheels. Anti-gravity, on the other hand, requires quite a lot more. You can achieve a similar effect today, but that would require cities and towns to dig up their roads and sidewalks, and install powerful magnets that could repel another magnet on the underside of the board. 

It's fake because most individuals using the board don't even wear ANY kind of protection. Does the board maker really want bad rep from an unfortunate fall ?

So even if anti gravity were possible I have no idea how a person would be able to stand on one without falling off and smashing their head on the pavement. A floating board that can move freely in any direction including side to side with no resistance? Good luck balancing yourself. Then if you got past that obstacle how exactly would you steer it? The whole idea is absurd; fun to watch in a movie but it ain't happening. Power laces on the other hand, I bet they are working on that.

Simple: Gyroscopes!

You can believe whatever you want...

Like I said, it could happen any day..

Right now, we have Google Self Driving car. That can take you anywhere you want.  Look on YouTube for the videos.. that a blind man was in that car..

A few cars have self parking system now.

In 2015, Power lace shoes will be released by Nike.  maybe other shoe companies may follow suit.

Delorean cars are available with new dashboard with today's technologies such as USB, Bluetooth, etc.    You can buy a car for about $60,000 depends on the options you want.

I understand some stuff may come out true ... some are not which are made for movies...  

You never know ... it could happen any day... That you could get it for your collections which you can show off to your friends/family. 

I'd like to have a hoverboard so I can put it on my display... 

NEver said it wasnt possible.  That video had fake written all over it.

It's fake alright. But it doesn't mean it can be done in the future. Just look at the Nike Mags, and power laces are also actually coming. It's possible, but it's just we don't know when it will happen.

Are people really thinking this is real?? :s

yeah i was loling hard with the comments in here... :woot: :laugh:

anyways, i think this is the first video for a possible reboot of the trilogy.

yeah i was loling hard with the comments in here... :woot: :laugh:

anyways, i think this is the first video for a possible reboot of the trilogy.

If they reboot or touch BTTF in any way, shape, or form, I will burn Hollywood to the ground.

If they reboot or touch BTTF in any way, shape, or form, I will burn Hollywood to the ground.

it's bound to happen, with so many reboots being done today..

bet that they would exchange the DeLorean for a crappy Ford muscle car. :/

it's bound to happen, with so many reboots being done today..

It's too much of an iconic film.

You can use me as an alibi.

My mony is on a Chevy.  Or hell, maybe they will pick another car with gull-wings.  Who knows.  Whatever it is, the movie will probably be a corporate buyout like Transformers.

Funny or Die confesses to making the fake hoverboard that enthralled the internet

That hoverboard from yesterday that looked straight out of Back to the Future, and also too good to be true, is not the real deal. Funny or Die, the makers of numerous internet shenanigans, just posted a video with actor Christopher Lloyd apologizing for the HUVr, though Lloyd did not go so far as to explain what the project was really about.

Peering into the camera, a despondent Lloyd says he was "blinded by all belief" that the production ? which featured professional skater Tony Hawk, musician Moby, and others floating on a hoverboard ? was a spoof. The new clip shows behind-the-scenes footage of the production where you can clearly see the wires and rigs used to haul the actors off the ground. As a consolation prize, Funny or Die is giving away a replica of the HUVr board signed by Lloyd and the rest of the crew to one random Facebook commenter.

Signs that the production was faked cropped up almost immediately after the video was released, though it was surrounded by an air of mystery thanks to an excessively cryptic website and a Facebook page that denied claims it was a ruse. Nonetheless, actors in the project mentioned it on their resumes ? including the "MIT researcher" who turned out to be actor Nelson Cheng ? and special effects errors were spotted in the video almost immediately. Funny or Die remained mum on the production until today, saying only that "sadly, we were lying," adding that "the great promise of Back to the Future II has not been fulfilled ... yet. And for that, we truly are sorry."

http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/5/5475394/funny-or-die-confesses-to-making-the-fake-hoverboard-that-enthralled-internet

• 7 months later...

I'll bring the gasoline, you bring the matches!

• Like 1

I'll bring the gasoline, you bring the matches!

I'll drive you all there!

Obviously the video was going to be fake all along, i'm not saying this will never be possible, but just not right now.

The real question is, who paid Funny or die to do this? What's coming in the pipeline?

• 4 weeks later...