Unchecky : Better than I thought.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 05 March 2014 - 15:35

So you have all probably seen "Unchecky" on the application page for a while at Neowin. I never really thought much of it until I saw a review done of it by Remove-malware.com. You install Unchecky and it runs in the background as a service using very little resources. Then when you go to install something (Even if you just click, next, next, next, Finish) No adware gets installed.

I have given  this app to 1 customer. He has been back in my office about once a month for a crapware cleanup. Yes, i'm making money off him, but at this point he's gotta be annoyed he's paying once a month to get his computer cleaned. So we shall see how his computer fairs with unchecky.

Below is the video review. (Not me)

Unchecky Review

http://unchecky.com/

#2 +riahc3

riahc3

Neowin's most indecisive member

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: HTC Desire Z

Posted 05 March 2014 - 17:18

Hello,

Below is the video review. (Not me)

Unchecky Review

http://unchecky.com/

Not directed towards you warwagon but just that he downloads CDBurnerXP and says "I need something to burn my ISOs with" and downloads IMGBurn shows this reviewer has no ####ing idea what he is doing :laugh:

Im not a fan of this program; First, users deserve to get "infected" if they dont read. Second, I make money off them. But nonetheless, if it works, it looks intresting.

#3 primexx

primexx

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 05 March 2014 - 17:27

Just wait till Unchecky start adding crapware - who's gonna uncheck that for you? :p

#4 OP +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 05 March 2014 - 18:09

Hello,
Not directed towards you warwagon but just that he downloads CDBurnerXP and says "I need something to burn my ISOs with" and downloads IMGBurn shows this reviewer has no ####ing idea what he is doing :laugh:

Im not a fan of this program; First, users deserve to get "infected" if they dont read. Second, I make money off them. But nonetheless, if it works, it looks intresting.

He sounds like he's stoned half the time. Personally I would have liked to see him test unchecky on a download from Download.com That site has become an embarrassment.

#5 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 05 March 2014 - 18:33

This might be a good app to install on my step-daughter's laptop.  Her laptop was crippled by the amount of crap she had installed.  I showed her how to run the recovery partition on it, so she knows how to "start over" if it gets to that state again.  I also explained to her that you can't trust anything on the Internet. 

Ultimately, its up to her to figure out.  That has always been my policy with my family members and especially my step-children.  I'm not going to hold their hands through computer maintenance because I want them to figure it out on their own.

#6 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 05 March 2014 - 19:34

Just wait till Unchecky start adding crapware - who's gonna uncheck that for you? :p

Who unchecks the unchecky?

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!