Dubai Rotating Tower

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 webeagle12

webeagle12

Neowinian Senior

• 7,283 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:38

This was proposed like 4-5 years ago actually. It's pretty much a vision.

#17 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• 9,838 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:49

We had one in Rochester. It's closed too. :/

Shame...  I am sure some of them are open.. 

and some of them are not open to the public... 

The one in Chicago is open that is called Skydeck (or The Ledge).. which you see the pic below:

the-ledge-at-skydeck-chicago-191.jpg

I have not been there yet but hopefully one day, I go.

#18 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,943 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack/Core i7 4790K/16GB DDR3 1600/Samsung 840 Pro 128GB x 2 - Raid 0/Transcend M.2 256GB/ASRock Z97E-ITXac/GTX 760
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:01

Umm... ok. :laugh:

You're both right, but in Dubai they can afford to waste on a whole other level. They can build their own islands for pleasure, where an island didn't exist before, lol. Actually, for the pleasure of the Western rich coming to visit.

TBH, Western societies... Are kinda collapsing. We're too busy killing our futures by killing science and technology off in the classroom, and replacing it with religious nonsense.

We had one in Rochester. It's closed too. :/

Disregarding religion, the only people killing science and technology are the lazy students who can get by in our society without it. Why take math and science if you can just take political science or liberal arts and live well and not have to think hard? I'm not exactly sure who "we're" are, but it's personal choice not to take math and science courses and careers.

#19 Turk.

Turk.

Neowinian

• 581 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:07

20grk6.png2hfs00j.png

#20 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• 9,838 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 15:29

^ holy crap!  that's high..  

I hate to climb up that high.. 

#21 Symal Taneous

Symal Taneous

Neowinian

• 391 posts
  • OS: Windows 8.1, WIndows 7 Home Premium, Windows Home Server 2011
  • Phone: Xperia Z2, Xperia Z2 Tablet

Posted 07 March 2014 - 15:45

I went to Chicago a long time ago... that the tower had revolving restaurant at the top of the tower.  It had an amazing view..   It's closed.

I am sure there are more revolving restaurants in some states.

There's one on top of the Mariott hotel in downtown Ottawa and there is/was one on top of what used to be the Delta Hotel on University street in Montreal. Unfortunately for the Montreal one, the entire hotel is being converted into residences for university students, not sure what's going to happen to the restaurant though, if it's going to stay open or not. I worked next to the one in Ottawa for a few years and now I work pretty much across the street from the Montreal one.

#22 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• 9,838 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 15:52

There's one on top of the Mariott hotel in downtown Ottawa and there is/was one on top of what used to be the Delta Hotel on University street in Montreal. Unfortunately for the Montreal one, the entire hotel is being converted into residences for university students, not sure what's going to happen to the restaurant though, if it's going to stay open or not. I worked next to the one in Ottawa for a few years and now I work pretty much across the street from the Montreal one.

Cool..  maybe you can call them and see if that restaurant is open or not....  If so, you can go up with your camera and take day/night shots of the view.. :)