Photo

video remove software

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 OP Deep_Level_Shark

Deep_Level_Shark

Neowinian

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:59

You don't need Windows Movie Maker (131 MB).

Here's how to trim a video easily with Avidemux (free, open source, video editor, 17.0 MB only)

you misunderstood my post. I dont want to trim .

I want to remove some part of the video  from the main movie. 

#17 Copernic

Copernic

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:04

Try this

#18 OP Deep_Level_Shark

Deep_Level_Shark

Neowinian

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:38

Try this

This is still  difficult....it seems you are deleting from the beginning.

What I want is ....  mark A   and  mark B  in main movie..and then press Delete -   kind of thing.      this will delete  part of the movie scenes from A to B   from the main movie.

so in your main movie you now won't  have A to B  scenes.  

Need a very simple tool for this . or tell me a simple workaround .

thanks

#19 Rohdekill

Rohdekill

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:47

Gone are the days where everyday people would either try to figure out the software on their own or RTFM.  Such sad times we live in.

#20 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 06 March 2014 - 13:33

Gone are the days where everyday people would either try to figure out the software on their own or RTFM.  Such sad times we live in.

This does seem to be a simple request, I'm not sure where the difficulty lies. :/

I just went to google and typed in "delete part of video clip" and the first result is this Youtube video:

I even remember doing this myself minus the tutorials in Windows Movie Maker when I was younger. What exactly are you getting stuck with?

#21 OP Deep_Level_Shark

Deep_Level_Shark

Neowinian

Posted 06 March 2014 - 13:50

This does seem to be a simple request, I'm not sure where the difficulty lies. :/

I just went to google and typed in "delete part of video clip" and the first result is this Youtube video:

I even remember doing this myself minus the tutorials in Windows Movie Maker when I was younger. What exactly are you getting stuck with?

in my windows movie maker there is no timeline. where do you get this timeline ?  I see you are dropping the video into timeline.

also how do you remove ? are u pressing delete button ?

#22 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 06 March 2014 - 14:03

in my windows movie maker there is no timeline. where do you get this timeline ?  I see you are dropping the video into timeline.

Again, a quick Google tells me that Microsoft removed the timeline view in Windows Movie Maker and replaced it with a storyboard/filmstrip view. (Source.)

I don't mind answering questions, but it's a bit frustrating that all I'm doing is going to Google, typing in your question for you and giving you Google's answer. There should also be a help section in Windows Movie Maker that would be able to help you find your way around the software. If memory serves it's not an overly complex application, I think I was about 11 when I first started playing around with it. If I could figure it out at the age of 11 then I'm sure you would have no problem yourself if you think it through. (Y)

#23 Copernic

Copernic

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 March 2014 - 15:21

Try Freemake Video Converter:

http://download.free...er_4.1.3.11.exe

Add a video
Browse for the video you'd like to cut using the "+Video" button or drag-'n-drop option.

Cut your video
Click "Edit/Play" button on the right. Set the markers of the beginning and end of the part you want to remove. Click "Delete selection", then "Ok".
delete video part

Save changes
To save the changes, you have to convert your video. Choose a format (better the same as the original), preset "Same as source", and click "Convert".

Qy9WL1X.jpg

#24 OP Deep_Level_Shark

Deep_Level_Shark

Neowinian

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:24

Try Freemake Video Converter:

http://download.free...er_4.1.3.11.exe

Add a video
Browse for the video you'd like to cut using the "+Video" button or drag-'n-drop option.

Cut your video
Click "Edit/Play" button on the right. Set the markers of the beginning and end of the part you want to remove. Click "Delete selection", then "Ok".
delete video part

Save changes
To save the changes, you have to convert your video. Choose a format (better the same as the original), preset "Same as source", and click "Convert".

Qy9WL1X.jpg

exactly I followed these steps. 
They don't work.   they did not remove the scenes from main movie.

Please check at your side.

#25 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• Tech Issues Solved: 9
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z2

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:37

Come on man, how difficult can it be to use the online help coming and Google?

As others have said before - helping you is one thing, having to explain every single mouse click is another.

#26 OP Deep_Level_Shark

Deep_Level_Shark

Neowinian

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:16

Come on man, how difficult can it be to use the online help coming and Google?

As others have said before - helping you is one thing, having to explain every single mouse click is another.

That is not the point.  I am looking for the right software.   As you see I  check it at my end  and  giving my feedback.  

many people advertise their products .....they don't  care about  the requirement.

#27 Copernic

Copernic

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:28

exactly I followed these steps. 
They don't work.   they did not remove the scenes from main movie.

Please check at your side.

Just tried to remove some scenes from a WMV file using Freemake and it works fine. Something must be wrong with your video.

http://imgur.com/a/tXXih

#28 OP Deep_Level_Shark

Deep_Level_Shark

Neowinian

Posted 10 March 2014 - 13:46

Just tried to remove some scenes from a WMV file using Freemake and it works fine. Something must be wrong with your video.

http://imgur.com/a/tXXih

yup....  may be ....I tested with another video .....this time it worked !

anyway,  conversion time  is taking long.  This is a headache .  I am saving as same format.

I tested with a  a 4/5 minute video clip...it took a long conversion time .......Can it be faster conversion time ?   is there any other software which could save time ?

#29 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

Posted 10 March 2014 - 14:00

Wow, talk about not being able to help yourself.

#30 +BudMan

BudMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 86
  • OS: Win7, Vista, 2k3, 2k8, XP, Linux, FreeBSD, OSX, etc. etc.

Posted 10 March 2014 - 17:59

Ok -- here lets see if we can make this as simple as possible with pictures.  So we have an example to work with - I grabbed this wmv

https://archive.org/...lifeSampleVideo

Its 30 sec wmv, got some animal scenes -- so a few seconds into into the video there is some seals

seals.png

I want to cut that section out So I go to just before it starts an hit split, then go to where the section I want to remove ends and hit split again.

split.png

Now I highlight that section and delete it

remove.png

Then I just save the movie, it only takes a few seconds to do this..  If it is taking long, which how long do you think is long?  Might be your computer?  What speed is it, what kind of HDD or SSD do you have?

savemovie.png

It really should only take a couple of minutes to do something so simple - its possible your confused with the word trim?  Trim is used when you want to "trim" off an end or both ends -- if you want to cut out something in the middle you need to isolate that section by splitting it out.

Hope that helps.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!