Formula 1 World Championship 2014 Season Discussion

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2014 World Driver's Championship?

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Jenson Button
    • Kevin Magnussen
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Sergio Perez
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Esteban Gutierrez
    • Jean-Eric Vergne
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Felipe Massa
    • Valterri Bottas
    • Jules Bianchi
    • Max Chilton
    • Kamui Kobayashi
    • Marcus Ericsson
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the World Constructor's Championship?

• Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • McLaren Mercedes
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Marussia F1 Team
    • Caterham F1 Team

I can't help but feel that Nico knew exactly what he was doing. 

I haven't watched it frame by frame and comparing each frame to his previous fast lap but it just looks like he went in to deep then got a bit confused as to what to do down the escape road.

I understand Lewis being upset but he seems to have already made up his mind that Nico did it on purpose. :/  I was just starting to like him as a human being too.

I'd be inclined to disagree, the way he was sawing away at the wheel as he arrived into the corner reminded me very much of the schumacher incident in 2006. It was also amusingly convenient that his reversing manoeuvre started just as Lewis came into view. I have a sneaky feeling he will probably get away with it but it looked very cynical from where I was sitting.

Still a very strange reaction, you rarely need to overcorrect an F1 car in such drastic fashion

Here, I downloaded the highlights from NBC and looped the onboard video when he "loses it". Quick before FOM finds it. ;)

edit: redid the clip

Edited by xdot.tk

Here's Sky F1's version. You can see more of the steering wheel and it starts earlier with him entering the corner before the incident.

Someone's put up a side-by-side video comparing the off with his pole lap to make it easier to judge...

In my opinion, it's too close to call. Hamilton will probably take him on the first lap anyway, so it won't matter much.

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Someone's put up a side-by-side video comparing the off with his pole lap to make it easier to judge...

In my opinion, it's too close to call. Hamilton will probably take him on the first lap anyway, so it won't matter much.

You can see the care lose grip and him having to make a correction in the mistake lap which starts the mini tank slapper. Looks innocent to me.

Monaco GP: Toto Wolff explains Rosberg's wild steering movements - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

"The car was unsettled," Wolff told AUTOSPORT after Rosberg was cleared of any wrong doing.

"We see it on the data that he was braking a bit later [into Mirabeau]. They both braked later in Turn 3 [Massenet) already, both the exact same amount of metres.

"They both braked later on each of the runs and this is what it was. It was just an unsettled car because he was braking later."

Meh, first time I've bothered watching an F1 race in years since they actually showed this on their non Motorsport sub only channel here this time...

God damn F1 has gotten boring. I can't believe people claim this is better than when they had faster and potentially more dangerous cars(for bad drivers). At least back in the days when Michael and Mika rules first and second or was two different teams being better.

It's sad that formula one has gone from making the best and most ultimate cars possible, and then inventing safety feature for them, has gone the route of catering to more teams and instead of making cars safer with new safety equipment has decided to make the safe by making them slower.

We need a Formula ultimate, where they actually want to make the best cars you can possibly make and race them to see who has the best car and technology, this ... I might as well just watch formula 3000 it'd be more exciting, because it certainly isn't F1 anymore.