Do you still carry a checkbook?

Do you still carry a checkbook?   

81 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still carry a checkbook?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, haven't for years
    • No, I'm not allowed to have checks or sharp objects.
    • Sometimes.
    • What's a checkbook? Is it like Facebook?
  2. 2. Have you ever used checks before?

• Yes I was born in the 70's
    • Yes I was born in the 80's
    • Yes I was born in the 90's
    • Yes I was born in the 2000's
    • No I was born in the 70's
    • No I was born in the 80's
    • No I was born in the 90's
    • No I was born in the 2000's
    • Yes I was born in the 60's
    • Yes I was born in the 50's
    • Yes I was born in the 40's
    • Yes I was born in the 30's
    • Yes I was born in the 20's
    • Yes I was born in the 1910's
    • Yes I was born in the 1900's, Yes i'm that old. Now get the frack off my lawn!
    • No I was born in the 60's
    • No I was born in the 50's
    • No I was born in the 40 's
    • No I was born in the 30's
    • No I was born in the 20's
    • No I was born in the 1910's
    • No I was born in the 1900's Yes i'm that old. Now get the frack off my lawn!

My question is, do you still carry a checkbook? Personally I still do, even though I only write 1 check per month. I just like having checks along just cause I forget my wallet at home or something which has my cash and my debit card.  I also keep a $50 Google Wallet card in my checkbook sepearte from my wallet for this reason as well.

How about everyone else?

I've never used checks in my entire life basically. Sure, I filled out 2 or 3 years and years ago, but beyond that not really. I do use cashier/certified checks that I can send via online account to pay things on occasion though, but it's not really the same thing.

Got some checks in my desk for a couple bills that don't let me pay electronically... but actually carrying it?  Nah, hasn't left the house in years, haven't needed it, that's what I have debit cards for.. never mind the serious hassle of writing one and waiting for them to make sure I'm not ripping somebody off or the glares from people behind me as I have to wait for a manager to approve it.  Guess I don't have a trustworthy look.

Nope do not carry it and i still have the first box of checks they ever gave me (i just use a stamp to change the address on the checks)

The only reason i have it is so that I can pay my rent.

checkbook stays at home.  I only use it to pay rent or when I purchase stuff through work.  Otherwise, it's debit or cash everywhere I go.

I don't think stores around here accept checks anymore though.

I guess another reason I bring my checkbook with me is because I also keep my license in my checkbook.

I guess another reason I bring my checkbook with me is because I also keep my license in my checkbook.

That's what a wallet is for.  

I've never carried my cheque book with me.  I've got some, but I've only used them when paying a large sum of money and last time I did that was years ago.

That's what a wallet is for.  

I've never carried my cheque book with me.  I've got some, but I've only used them when paying a large sum of money and last time I did that was years ago.

But then if I forget my wallet..

I would have no cash

No Debit card

AND no drivers license.

I do keep $50 in my car though just in case I forget both and need gas.

Need to add a few more decades to that "I was born in the..." list.  At least the 60's.

Holy crap now I feel old, excuse me while I chase some kids off my lawn.

I still write a check every month for my car payment.  I do this to make it harder for them. I could do it electronically but my car is financed thru my old  work which screwed me over.

I rarely carry cash with me, hate carrying change, and only normally have my license and debit card on me.

Where do you park?  ;)

As a kid, and during my dumb/troubled years, I went thru people's cars in parking lots and took money, and other things, out of their cars.  Looking back, it was a dumb thing to do. 

My checks stay in my drawer, and get pulled out once or twice a year when I can't use cash or debit for something. I've been using the same box of checks for nearly a decade, and I've moved 3 times since I got that set.

I don't think I ever actually carried my checkbook, though - it's always been just for mailing in bills and stuff. If I need a check for something, I generally just carry the one check I need.

But then if I forget my wallet..

I would have no cash

No Debit card

AND no drivers license.

Fair enough, I guess since I have my wallet on me all the time it's habitual.. almost like bringing my cell phone.

Heck no. Haven't for at least 8 years now. Debit if it must come out of my checking or else, it is all about Amex and building reward points for free travel.

Well can't vote in your poll because you did not include earlier decades, way to go.

Retarded poll is retarded.

And by the way you carry your debit card, drivers license and cash in your wallet, not some pocketbook/checkbook.   Lame!

Well can't vote in your poll because you did not include earlier decades, way to go.

Retarded poll is retarded.

And by the way you carry your debit card, drivers license and cash in your wallet, not some pocketbook/checkbook.   Lame!

Your lucky I even included the 70's and 80's.