Malaysia Airlines 'loses contact with plane' (and search effort updates)

Emergency Transmitter Did Not Activate

Clues in the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 remain elusive, with authorities unable to connect debris or oil slick samples to the missing jetliner.

An orange object spotted this morning -- originally thought to be a life raft -- had nothing to do with the plane wreckage, Vietnam?s National Committee for Search and Rescue told ABC News. The item turned out to be an orange circular side cover of an industrial cable reel. Reports of a different suspicious floating object emerged Sunday, but that object was later ruled out as being connected to the missing jet by Vietnam and Malaysian authorities.

Additionally, oil slick samples found about 100 nautical miles from Malaysia's east coast of Kelantan, just south of the point of last contact, turned out to have no connection to the missing plane after analysis by Malaysian authorities.

At this point, officials remained perplexed by the plane?s disappearance. :alien:

http://gma.yahoo.com/oil-slick-samples-debris-not-connected-missing-jetliner-120149307--abc-news-topstories.html?vp=1

Two people stolen passports in separate incidents

They bought the plane ticket together

No May day were called

Calling cellphones do not go straight to voicemail

etc

That's not evidence, for or against anything.

Given that these are peoples lives we are talking about, can the conspiracy theories not wait till we actually have some sort of facts around this?

• Like 2

That's not evidence, for or against anything.

Given that these are peoples lives we are talking about, can the conspiracy theories not wait till we actually have some sort of facts around this?

Those are facts. What they mean, we just don't know yet.

conspiracy theories not wait till we actually have some sort of facts around this?

Facts tend to torpedo conspiracy theories so there's no reason for those nuts to waste time waiting for them.

• Like 1

Those are facts. What they mean, we just don't know yet.

Wanna read the context again, I never argued anything was a fact or not. The quotes were about the 'evidence'

I am merely stating the same thing, the facts prove nothing.

Is this like Oceanic 815 where the plane crashed landed near mysterious Island.  Of course in that case there was a coverup. I think they found another airplane in the ocean.

That a phone will only ring if its on, functional and has signal.

If the phone was off/broken, as it would be after crashing into the sea or being blown up it would either go straight to voicemail or just not connect if voicemail was off.

i usually forward my cellphone to office line when im in no coverage area, it diverts fine even if the cellphone is off.

That sometimes isn't true at all.

I can turn off my wife's phone and call her and it will still ring three times and then go to voicemail.

Depends on the network provider you are connected to (so roaming would change whether it occurs or not). So, yeah it probably isn't significant. In any case, if it was actually connecting to the phones, they'd localize the signals to the towers and search those areas. 

There are so many people who can't think the plane is anywhere BUT the ocean. I am fascinated to see if this turns out to be true, or these many people will be shocked to find out one day or later today that it's not in the ocean.

I don't know what's going on here but I'm not totally convinced that the plane even crashed.  A lot of the facts seem to hint at some kind of foul play surrounding the guys with stolen passports, maybe they hijacked the plane, disabled the radar transponders and flew off somewhere?

I'm not sure but you'd think they would have found SOMETHING by now if this thing actually crashed.

You don't get charged if people call you and leave a message.

Based upon your Canadian contract right?  Different markets have very different charging strategies.  Some people used to, some still do - and so are stuck in a habit.

I don't know what's going on here but I'm not totally convinced that the plane even crashed. A lot of the facts seem to hint at some kind of foul play surrounding the guys with stolen passports, maybe they hijacked the plane, disabled the radar transponders and flew off somewhere?

I'm not sure but you'd think they would have found SOMETHING by now if this thing actually crashed.

Air France suffered same thing years ago and took weeks to locate the accident. This may happen too to the Malaysian Air.

Didn't we already disprove Air France, some of it's contents floated to the surface in a day or two?

I think NEVER has before a crashed plane not have any of it's contents float to the surface, NEVER BEFORE !

I think NEVER has before a crashed plane not have any of it's contents float to the surface, NEVER BEFORE !

You are making stuff up as you go along.  AS YOU GO ALONG (because caps seem to matter to you).

• Like 1

I am pretty sure that's true.

Well, I'm pretty sure you're wrong!

Everytime someone compared this incident to another plane crash incident, DISPROVED!

Nothing has been proven yet, or disproven yet.  You are all over your own stories of what happened, from inventing radar jammer stories to all sorts.

macoman, on 10 Mar 2014 - 21:26, said:macoman, on 10 Mar 2014 - 21:26, said:

Air France suffered same thing years ago and took weeks to locate the accident. This may happen too to the Malaysian Air.

Not according to Wikipedia - "On 2 June at 15:20 (UTC) [the airplane crashed on 1 June], a Brazilian Air Force Embraer R-99A spotted wreckage and signs of oil, possibly jet fuel, strewn along a 5 km (3 mi) band 650 km (400 mi) north-east of Fernando de Noronha Island, near the Saint Peter and Saint Paul Archipelago. The sighted wreckage included an aircraft seat, an orange buoy, a barrel, and "white pieces and electrical conductors".[65][66] Later that day, after meeting with relatives of the Brazilians on the aircraft, Brazilian Defence Minister Nelson Jobim announced that the Air Force believed the wreckage was from Flight 447."

Here's the Wikipedia article for Malaysia Airlines flight 370: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_Airlines_Flight_370

Not according to Wikipedia - "On 2 June at 15:20 (UTC) [the airplane crashed on 1 June], a Brazilian Air Force Embraer R-99A spotted wreckage and signs of oil, possibly jet fuel, strewn along a 5 km (3 mi) band 650 km (400 mi) north-east of Fernando de Noronha Island, near the Saint Peter and Saint Paul Archipelago. The sighted wreckage included an aircraft seat, an orange buoy, a barrel, and "white pieces and electrical conductors".[65][66] Later that day, after meeting with relatives of the Brazilians on the aircraft, Brazilian Defence Minister Nelson Jobim announced that the Air Force believed the wreckage was from Flight 447."

I thought it took several days to find out what happened, according to what I read before.

So, an Iranian purchased the tickets for the 2 people traveling under stolen passports. TIckets were purchased at the last minute, paid for with cash, and were one-way. I'm sure some alarms are going off regarding those circumstances.

So, an Iranian purchased the tickets for the 2 people traveling under stolen passports. TIckets were purchased at the last minute, paid for with cash, and were one-way. I'm sure some alarms are going off regarding those circumstances.

I noticed that the security in Asian Airports are not as tough as in the United States. In Asia they only lightly check you but don't check the bags that you carrying on board.