Is this motherboard burned?

I bought this computer from the thrift store for $10.

The computer (iBuyPower i Series 301) obviously the computer doesn't work, so I am wondering if the motherboard is burned out.

Asus M4A77TD

WP_20140308_012_squared.jpg

WP_20140308_006.jpg

WP_20140308_010.jpg

Here's what an Asus M4A77TD is suppose to look like:89927_2245_draft.jpg

Them solder points look like their there to dissipate the heat.

What tests have you done to get it to run? One stick of ram, re-seated the CPU, clear cmos....

It looks like the PSU is bad. I put in my Corsair TX650W (built by CWT) in and it instantly boots and I was able to go into the BIOS. (A hard drive was not included so I couldn't boot to Windows.)

Not that I am surprise the iBuyPower uses the cheapest "700W" power supply it can find:  XION XON-700p12n

I have repair computers assembled by iBuyPower before and I noticed that the company always chooses the cheapest parts possible: (ie. cheapest 700W power supply, cheapest DDR3-1333 memory, cheapest Radeon HD 5770, etc.)

I am actually a little disappointed.

I was hoping that the system would have the AMD Phenom II X6 1100t under the hood, but I found out that it only has the AMD Phenom II X4 965.

It looks like the PSU is bad. I put in my Corsair TX650W (built by CWT) in and it instantly boots and I was able to go into the BIOS. (A hard drive was not included so I couldn't boot to Windows.)

Not that I am surprise the iBuyPower uses the cheapest "700W" power supply it can find:  XION XON-700p12n

I have repair computers assembled by iBuyPower before and I noticed that the company always chooses the cheapest parts possible: (ie. cheapest 700W power supply, cheapest DDR3-1333 memory, cheapest Radeon HD 5770, etc.)

Thats because who ever bought that computer choose the cheapest parts possible.

Part it out on EBAY and you'll get more than your money back. Then you can buy a $20.00 PC.

lol. I doubt that I would get that great of a bargain again. The cheap power supply supposedly shorted out most components. I told him that I wanted it for the case and the heat sink and that's why I got it for $10.

Anyways, here's the specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE w/ ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED

Asus M4A77TD

PowerColor AX5770 1GBD5-H Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5

8 GB DDR3 1333 (apparently a half-half mix of Corsair VS2GB1333D3 and Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3K2)

NZXT Gamma w/ side window from the NZXT M59

Thats because who ever bought that computer choose the cheapest parts possible.

A lot of people tends to cut corners on the PSU, not knowing how important that component is.