DD-WRT Bandwidth Monitoring for TP-Link routers

Hey guys,

I have a TPlink WR841N wireless router and got DD-WRt on it up and running like a charm.

I installed this mainly for bandwidth control/check and i want to find out what all devices have utilized how much bandwidth in a month.

I did go through a couple of options like rflow, bwlog but couldn't find much info on it.

Which is the best module to install to keep a check on bandwidth usage?

I do believe tomato does a much better job of this out of the box.. my wireless routers are only used as AP, so they don't show anything to be honest.  But tomato has lan IP monitoring out of the box - you can set how long the data is stored and where and you can even back it up with a download, etc.

Ok guys, I did setup a bandwidth monitoring script however in DD-WRT (linux) I need to know 1 thing:

What command is there to auto-upload a file to my ftp server after every 15 minutes?

I am able to auto-download the files on startup, and I need to take a backup of these files every 15 mins and upload back to my ftp server.

I tried wput, ftpput but Putty says "Not Found" when I enter these commands.

Is there any other solution for the same?

can't you just install wput via optware package?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Optware

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Quick_list_of_Optware_packages

wput - 0.6.2-1 - A command-line ftp-client that uploads files or whole directories to remote ftp-servers.

I did go through that part however it requires lots of storage which sadly, my router doesn't provide.

Which is why I'm looking for a FTP command to auto-upload the file every other 15 minutes.

Did you try tomato - if supported its bandwidth reporting is bit more full featured and believe.  You can have it save the data directly to a cifs mount, etc.  And have it create backup, etc. etc..