First of all, I am new member and have been reading through these forums for all kinds of technical advice. This community has been of great help. This is why I turn to you guys with a challenge which I haven't been able to find the answer for after 4 days of googling and testing.
I am working to apply a minor upgrade to my brothers system so he can reach acceptable framerates on his favorite games (still not done though). I have replaced the mobo, graphics card, ram, cpu + decent heatsink (for OC purpose after this problem).
My problem is the following:
I get no display on boot, the system is booting fine I just don't get any video signal. The monitor is aware of the cable being connected but still I only get a black screen. With the graphics card which he had running on his original configuration everything is working fine.
- Checked all cables for damaged connection.
- Updated BIOS to the latest version +modded bios hoping for improved compatibility.
- Reset CMOS
- Tested GTX275 in my friends + old system.. in both cases it worked. The card works fine.
- de-install windows drivers of GT7800 (I know it doesn't have anything to do with no video on boot but I got desperate)
- Disconnected all devices except the necessary ones to rule out insufficient power
- Screwed with every PCI-e related BIOS setting to no avail (I still feel the problem lies in the BIOS settings, but don't know where to look for it anymore)
CPU: E8400 @3ghz
GPU: Geforce GTX 275 1GB (old "working" card = Geforce 7800GT)
Ram: 2x2gb DDR2 800mhz
PSU: 500W Coolermaster RP-500-PCAP (This will be upgraded for optimized efficiency on PSU)
I am really desperate to get this thing running. I go to bed trieing to see the big picture on my missing step and I wake up in the same "problem isolating" state of mind.
HELP ME PLEASE!