I dont play these games, but I have seen those same complaints. My question is, do people notice the issue while playing the game, or is it only while viewing screenshots or pausing a replay?

I see people say you don't see any of this stuff while in motion, so if that is the case, its not surprising that developers would spend less performance capitol on that. Why aim to impress people in screenshots?

Would hardly call this an issue. Cardboard scenery and spectators? I don't think so. Even PGR4 had amazing visuals, not just for its time, it would still look good. Forza 4/Horizon both had nice landscapes and crowds, nicely animated. Lacking in particle effects, yes: no or very little dust when riding the shoulder, tire smoke minimal, and so on.

For Driveclub, this and Quantum Break on X1 are two games i thought were explicitly supposed to be launch titles that vanished without a trace. Agree with Larry that there's no immediate rush, but would have been very nice to have Driveclub cause I'm craving a racer. NFS Rivals i didn't like, was really an annoying game if you ask me, and Forza 5...will get it but waiting for MS to discount it. The lack of beloved tracks is a real turn off.

In simulators you don't race fast enough to not notice low res environment except maybe the straights. What I want to see is some proper A.I. Too many games just repeat the same cars leading and and being last with the leader driving near perfect without fail. It just feels like I'm racing pre programmed robots, which I am of course and they always make the last AI driver so slow and crash prone that it doesn't even simulate a monkey driving a car.

I don't watch much actual racing cause it's often rather boring like Nascar..uuggghhh but I'd also like to see a game like GT use a point standings system as apposed to the 1st through 3rd place thing. In most racing games If you don't make 3rd you fail which gets old imo, why not drivers standings and also the qualifying system that determines grid order and the 6 slowest are eliminated (providing proper A.I. could be done)

Almost every racer has the 1-3rd place for just 1 race determining whether or not you win or lose, gets old quick imo.

Also, the G27 wheel and the wheel stand pro is awesome. I hope it works on PS4.

Not sure about F5, but previous Forza games did use a point system in the individual competitions and you didn't need to finish top 3 in the races to go on. Though if you wanted to win the competition you would want to be top 3 at least anyway as if you got much lower than that on any race you probably wouldn't be able to win since there was usually the same 3 AI competing for the other runner ups, thoug sometimes a random AI got lucky, and most competitions only had 3-4 races.

Not sure about F5, but previous Forza games did use a point system in the individual competitions and you didn't need to finish top 3 in the races to go on. Though if you wanted to win the competition you would want to be top 3 at least anyway as if you got much lower than that on any race you probably wouldn't be able to win since there was usually the same 3 AI competing for the other runner ups, thoug sometimes a random AI got lucky, and most competitions only had 3-4 races.

Too bad I was never much of an Xbox fan. Though even arcade racers I would prefer to see the points system and let the championship race determine whether you win or lose. I am looking forward to "The Crew" just for pure racing fun, looks to have some eye candy environments. I would also like to play NFS Rivals despite some mentioning their distaste for it but to this day I would really like a new NFS Underground, I rather enjoyed the neon, street racing, rice burner theme.

Too bad I was never much of an Xbox fan. Though even arcade racers I would prefer to see the points system and let the championship race determine whether you win or lose. I am looking forward to "The Crew" just for pure racing fun, looks to have some eye candy environments. I would also like to play NFS Rivals despite some mentioning their distaste for it but to this day I would really like a new NFS Underground, I rather enjoyed the neon, street racing, rice burner theme.

Personally recommend you steer clear of NFS Rivals, no pun intended. It's like the Dark Souls of racers, except with no depth to it so there's no point in the struggle. The cars handle like hogs, you crash every five seconds, as a cop other cops keep getting in your way, as a racer other racers go out their way to get in your way, if you play fully online every second someone EMP's your car...you get the point. Not worth it.