Couple Trapped, Attacked By Their Own Cat

A trusted pet turning on its owners? A house cat, not one you'd find in the wild, attacked a baby in Portland and then trapped its owners in a bedroom.

"The 22-pound cat went on a spree last night first scratching the baby, then attacking the rest of the family ... he trapped the family in a back room."

"Every time we opened our back bedroom door the cat would hiss."

This is Lux. Yes, he weighs 22 lbs - pretty big for a pet cat. The Oregonian reports the chaos started when Teresa Barker's son pulled Lux's tail. The ferocious feline, as police are calling it, then attacked baby Jesse, scratching his head.

Parker's boyfriend and Jesse's father, Lee Palmer, stepped in at that point - kicking the cat away from the baby. And that's when Lux went wild, forcing Palmer to call 911.

"He's charging at us. He's at our door, bedroom door. Did you hear him? I think that was the cat. Yeah, year I hear him. Hold on." "Keep your door shut, okay."

When police showed up, Lux headed to the kitchen -- quote, "attempting to flee custody," as police put it. Officers used a dog snare to catch the cat.

And while the whole 'attack by a cat' thing might sound a little odd, Barker says it was no laughing matter. "It's only funny when it's not happening to you. When this happens to you, I assure you, you will do the same thing." (Via KATU)

The family is still trying to figure out what to do with the cat. For now, they plan on keeping the feline away from baby Jesse.

source & video

The guy should turn in his man card. Cats gone crazy hurts like hell, but his inability to physically remove the cat to outdoors is a bit sad. I have had to manhandle crazy dogs attacking me before, I sure as heck wouldn't let a 22lb cat make me scream for 911 barricaded behind closed doors in my own home. 

One thing I did learn from dogs at least is that they can't move backwards very well on hind legs, I would push my body weight into them forcing them back quickly and they stumble over. I still have a black bruise from my last attack from last year.

Letting the baby near the cat, knowing full well its going to pull and antagonise it, and then kicking it when the Cat reacts. Give the Cat to a decent owner is what they should do.

And while the whole 'attack by a cat' thing might sound a little odd, Barker says it was no laughing matter. "It's only funny when it's not happening to you. When this happens to you, I assure you, you will do the same thing." (Via KATU)

It's.... a cat. Honestly.... They really think I would hide in a room and call police? I'd let it try to defeat me, which it can't, while I grab its neck and put it outside with a stern and angry tone. Then wait a few hours, give it some food and let us both forget the whole thing happened.

Some people are just.... god. Now it's this whole big deal for no reason, if that cat gets put down for this I hope the owners get severely beaten by a cactus filled with porcupines.

Mind you, I wouldn't allow a baby near a 22 lbs cat to begin with.

.22 problem solved. 

.22 to precious to waste these days. Deploy reusable steak knife instead. Stab/restab as necessary. Hell, mount steak knife to front of RC car and go nuts!

.22 to precious to waste these days. Deploy reusable steak knife instead. Stab/restab as necessary.

you guys are being too violent, there's no need of that; a good ol' punch if the cat attacks and it's enough. I've deal with cats and dogs gone mad and the only way is to pull the man card, while avoiding killing the animal. Sad to see the only alpha male in that situation is, in fact, the cat himself.

you guys are being too violent, there's no need of that; a good ol' punch if the cat attacks and it's enough. I've deal with cats and dogs gone mad and the only way is to pull the man card, while avoiding killing the animal. Sad to see the only alpha male in that situation is, in fact, the cat himself.

Where the hell is the fun in that!? :laugh:

My SIG would be closer, usually on my belt, but at .40 with tactical bullets nothing would be left but fur.

Saw a pic of this kitty and he looked like a Maine Coon, a large breed (some are 30+ lbs) that sometimes act more like dogs. My dad had one and it could be a mean SOB, taking on anything that intruded on his perceived turf. Even chased cars. Bigger than most bobcats.

A punch would have just p*ssed him off.

My SIG would be closer, usually on my belt, but at .40 with tactical bullets nothing would be left but fur.

Saw a pic of this kitty and he looked like a Maine Coon, a large breed (some are 30+ lbs) that sometimes act more like dogs. My dad had one and it could be a mean SOB, taking on anything that intruded on his perceived turf. Even chased cars. Bigger than most bobcats.

I had a Maine Coon cat for about 10 years. One of the sweetest cats you could ever have. Dumb as a brick though. This cat had enough brain power to operate vital organs, and that is it. If you turned out all the lights, you could visually see his brain arcing from missed connections :rofl:

• Like 2

Letting an unpredictable baby antagonise an unpreditable animal is a recipe for disaster. Our normally placid family sheep dog bit my little brother when he was 1, after he'd spent 10 minutes trying to pull his ears off, yanked his tail as hard as he could and then kept trying to poke him in the eyes. After that he never harassed the dog again.

If you're going to let your child do that to animals. And then shoot/stab/beat the animal to death when it reacts accordingly as I've seen suggested by half of you in this thread. I hope you don't own any pets because its clear you're unfit to do so.

The guy should turn in his man card. Cats gone crazy hurts like hell, but his inability to physically remove the cat to outdoors is a bit sad. I have had to manhandle crazy dogs attacking me before, I sure as heck wouldn't let a 22lb cat make me scream for 911 barricaded behind closed doors in my own home. 

One thing I did learn from dogs at least is that they can't move backwards very well on hind legs, I would push my body weight into them forcing them back quickly and they stumble over. I still have a black bruise from my last attack from last year.

Totally agree with you here. You would have to be the most chicken ###### wuss ever to not be able to defend your family from a cat.

I can't believe you guys are talking about using guns in a cat attack topic as if it's your only option.

Yeah too much overkill.  This might be better - an Acme Super Volt Cattle Prod, approved by Wile Coyote.      ;)

J1kMDf8.jpg?1