iOS 7.1 no longer shows full screen contact photos

I saw this in some of the screenshots on Apple's ios7.1 page, they could have changed it, since the full screen photos are a direct copy of Windows Phone.

That's what I was thinking. I believe Apple's cross-licensing deals prevent them from using each others ideas straight up.

Can confirm that the iPhone 3G (iOS 2) had full screen images. I wrote a bug on Google's site as when syncing contacts to them they one day shrunk the images. Presumably to make them compatible with Android. From that day onwards syncing to Google on iPhone resulted in your images looking awful.

Not my thread but you can at least see comments on it in 2009.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/mobile/cO2L3s509LQ%5B1-25-false%5D

Indeed.  Primary reason I use iCloud for my contacts.

I am pretty sure that Nokia did that in 2002 or so.  Since Microsoft owns that patent portfolio......

I also think that Windows Phone 6 did that as well.  I am scratching my head to remember that one for sure.

Why people care about who did something as trivial as showing a picture full-screen first is beyond me.

Bit off topic, but another issue that I've found is that my location services seem to be constantly on and that when you double tap the home button (to see the open apps) it used to have the current open app in the middle and everything else to the left and right, now it seems the most current app is off to the left. 

Why people care about who did something as trivial as showing a picture full-screen first is beyond me.

I'm not sure either.  Was someone proclaiming from a mountain somewhere that iOS was the very FIRST to do this and angered the people in the valley,  or what?

Well I made a separate post because it's not the same issue but the mods locked it. I don't get a small circle for caller ID, I get no graphic at all.

Here is one that used to get a picture. I blacked out her last name and the white is just the Apple logo in my wallpaper.

ac8l.png

You checked to be sure her picture didn't somehow get deleted? I've had issues where iCloud sometimes syncs the wrong contact info and thus deletes the picture or other info.

they'll bring it back on the new iphone to give people more reasons to upgrade

"And now we announce a revolution in seeing who is calling you!" 

Blame Apple for patenting a rectangle with round corners and going mental with lawsuits!!

If you're going to thumbnail, why cut out so much of the photo by using a circle?

The circles ARE ridiculous.  I don't think they look nice.  Looks like wasted space to me.

"And now we announce a revolution in seeing who is calling you!" 

Blame Apple for patenting a rectangle with round corners and going mental with lawsuits!!

Ok.  So long as you feel justified in bringing these OT discussions into the thread, I guess that makes it ok.  Damn Apple!

The circles ARE ridiculous.  I don't think they look nice.  Looks like wasted space to me.

Couldn't agree more.  Where this trend has come from, I have no idea, but it's ridiculous!

What a completely unrelated argument.

I'm not sure either.  Was someone proclaiming from a mountain somewhere that iOS was the very FIRST to do this and angered the people in the valley,  or what?

Co_Co: Full screen photos on the call screen have been an iOS feature since before windows phone 7 or android even existed

• Like 1

I don't even see a circle, no image of the caller's picture at all. I verified the contact has a picture and when they call nothing is displayed. No image at all anywhere.