Password Managers; what is a good one?

best one i've ever come across is the Opera Wand (part of Opera 12) . unfortunately that's not in development any more... I've yet to come across anything that comes close to that

Wand was great and the only one I bothered with, back when everyone raged about that POS roboform that never worked(or I was just to used to the awesomeness of the wand...), anyway since I now use Opera 20/Dev I used LastPass and it works nearly as well and in my other browsers I use for some stuff as well(browsing in opera while watching netflix in Chrome on my dual screen and having IE as the default browser keep everything nice and clean and links from other apps don't mess with anything, and I use IE for all my banking and such as well).

I think I tried KeePass way back before and it never really worked very well that and it only had local DB.

I use keepass and password safe.  Yes they do do what they are intended for, have an easy password to remember to get to a database of passwords for your accounts that may not be so easy to remember.

I use the software which came with my biometric device, but I also to save swiping use Sticky Password 7.

Sticky Password 7 is what I like.

You can get a free key for 6, works just as well google it.

Used RoboForm for awhile but changed to lastpass a few years ago.  Got the wife to use it and now she would be lost without it.  If the wife approves and recommends therefore it must be easy and good! (Y)  (Y)  (Y)

• Like 1

I started using RoboForm back in 2006 & am still on it.  At the time they said the licenses were free lifetimes UPGRADES, then they went back on their word & changed the terms and said 'oh, we just meant within a major version.'  I was hoping someone would file a class-action lawsuit against them over that because they would have lost.  I even sent them screenshots of their own cached (on Google) website that said 'lifetime updates and upgrades.'  They ###### a lot of people off.

So I've tried LastPass (every major version), but I found it had more problems with various websites (I have >300 logins) than RoboForm and there weren't satisfactory workarounds on their forums.  So I've stuck with RoboForm; it just seems more reliable on strange websites.  Their lack of Yubikey support irks me, though.  Maybe next version.

Keepass for me.

Works with Windows, Android and iOS.  I can sync with Dropbox, OneDrive and my home server at the same time. Best of all, it's free.

I use KeePass.  Don't know much about the others, I just chose KeePass because it has a Linux version and upon installing it, was pretty easy to use.  It will even help you generate passwords based on rules you set.

Used RoboForm for awhile but changed to lastpass a few years ago.  Got the wife to use it and now she would be lost without it.  If the wife approves and recommends therefore it must be easy and good! (Y)  (Y)  (Y)

I quote Bill Cosby (referring to his wife):

"I'm not the boss of my house. I don't know how I lost it, I don't know where I lost it, I don't think I've ever had it. But, I've seen the boss' job, and I DON'T WANT IT!" (I've been married 19 years, and I agree with that sentiment wholeheartedly!) :D

I use Roboform. I really like it. No matter which password manager you use, remember to print out a list of all of your passwords every once and a while just in case. In my case I keep a copy in my Safety Deposit box.