IE11 slow to render this site

I just hate the GUI, but IE11 causes so many issues @ wk with sites we use all the time - have to revert back to IE10.  In fact, I have heard this same complaint from other SysAdmins @ other companies.

But I know nothing about web development, so my comments are just layman comments - I dont like the stripped down GUI.

This forum is has not yet bloomed IE11 support it seems. :(

Heck the editor I am typing in only works with all the features turned off.

@+_Alexander

Officially IP Board does not fixed Editor related concerns with IE11 because of difficult to update to newer CK Editor, although I heard and here posted by Steven P., that Redmark (another admin) fixed issue his own on this forum and now forum works fine with IE11.

Also using Pingdom tool using location each time different, if I analysis, main page number of request got huge from 215 around to 350 plus now. It might be the cause of issue.

I think admin and dev team should now focus and try to update to newer nginx 1.5 to give subscriber not only HTTPS but SPDY as well, to optimize web loading for them, it will be good thing to do in 2014 resolution. Also adding prefetch (dns included) and prerendering for css or google fonts using for forum and main page as well to speedup little bit.

IE 11 has tons of issues across the board, especially with enterprise apps. Junk! Chrome FTW! Anyways, I do use IE 11 just for certain active x controls in which I have to use it and I must say it is a slow beast.

"

FF pulls up TMZ instantly.

I have to ask, why on earth is anyone even using IE11 ?

IE11 pulls up TMZ just fine.

I have to ask, why on earth is anyone even using crawlfox?

IE 11 has tons of issues across the board, especially with enterprise apps. Junk! Chrome FTW! Anyways, I do use IE 11 just for certain active x controls in which I have to use it and I must say it is a slow beast.

and once again, none of those issues are IE 11's fault. it's the bad coding of the sites (or enterprise apps in your case)

i am really getting tired of people calling IE11 a crap browser when it's honestly not. it's half the internet that's crap because they coded their stuff to be version specific on IE instead of just standardizing their code

• Like 2

and once again, none of those issues are IE 11's fault. it's the bad coding of the sites (or enterprise apps in your case)

i am really getting tired of people calling IE11 a crap browser when it's honestly not. it's half the internet that's crap because they coded their stuff to be version specific on IE instead of just standardizing their code

But you've got to admit that Firefox is currently the best browser available. :D

Also, weren't the IE 11 issues fixed by the devs months ago?

Editor working with IE11 announced in this thread: https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1202119-internet-explorer-11-and-neowin-forums-now-working/

We need admin to rescue this thread before it becomes browser "Star" Wars... Many angry birds drooling now...

But you've got to admit that Firefox is currently the best browser available. :D

Also, weren't the IE 11 issues fixed by the devs months ago?

that's your opinion, there is no best browser to be honest

Internet Explorer 11, Firefox and Chrome are all fine browsers.

The issue(s) you're having, however, are not to do with IE11 itself per-say as others have pointed out. In the past many sites had to adjust to IE's 'shortcomings' to get their sites rendered correctly in IE. However as IE started becoming more standards compliant, those 'hacks' used to support older IE versions actually created new incompatibilities, which is now the case with Internet Explorer 11. Sites are slowly rolling out updates and new code to support IE11 - in the case of Neowin, they've fixed as much as they could until IPB releases an update with IE11 compatibility.

In my opinion with XP's death, sites should drop IE support below version 8, which they're starting to do. If it wasn't for Vista still being supported (and lack of IE10 for Vista) they could drop IE9 as well. Nonetheless, sooner or later websites will adapt to IE11... probably around the time IE12 is announced. :p

Do you have the latest drivers for your video card?

If you are asking me, the OP,

Box,

NVIDIA System Information report created on: 03/15/2014 10:58:18

System name: I5

[Display]

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro, 64-bit

DirectX version: 11.0

GPU processor: GeForce GTX 660

Driver version: 332.21

Direct3D API version: 11.1

Direct3D feature level: 11_0

CUDA Cores: 960

Core clock: 1045 MHz

Memory data rate: 6008 MHz

Memory interface: 192-bit

Memory bandwidth: 144.19 GB/s

Total available graphics memory: 4096 MB

Dedicated video memory: 2048 MB GDDR5

System video memory: 0 MB

Shared system memory: 2048 MB

Video BIOS version: 80.06.28.00.61

IRQ: 16

Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen3

Device Id: 10DE 11C0 26623842

Part Number: 2030 0000

[Components]

nvui.dll 8.17.13.3221 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

nvxdsync.exe 8.17.13.3221 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

nvxdplcy.dll 8.17.13.3221 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

nvxdbat.dll 8.17.13.3221 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

nvxdapix.dll 8.17.13.3221 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

NVCPL.DLL 8.17.13.3221 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

nvCplUI.exe 7.5.790.0 NVIDIA Control Panel

nvWSS.dll 6.14.13.3221 NVIDIA Workstation Server

nvViTvS.dll 6.14.13.3221 NVIDIA Video Server

NVMCTRAY.DLL 8.17.13.3221 NVIDIA Media Center Library

nvDispS.dll 6.14.13.3221 NVIDIA Display Server

PhysX 09.13.0725 NVIDIA PhysX

NVCUDA.DLL 8.17.13.3221 NVIDIA CUDA 6.0.1 driver

nvGameS.dll 6.14.13.3221 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

Surface 2 Pro,

Latest whatever WU provides.

Worst offender is the 2014 Random Funny Pictures Thread.

Does to an extent when there's a ton of GIFs loading. :p

Even when there's lots of .gifs, it doesn't lag. :o You must have a lot plugins running in the background.

I've noticed this for a long time now and have given up trying to figure out what is wrong with IE11. IE10 was perfectly fine. And yes for any Neowin thread that is image heavy, scrolling performance tanks. Also ads have nothing to do with it - I'm on a Tier 2a sub and it's still slow.

I don't see this on my desktop, which of course has a much more capable Nvidia GPU.

Common thread I see here is if the user is on an integrated Intel graphics chip (in my case, the first-gen Core Arrandale chip).

If you are asking me, the OP,

Ok, they're fairly recent but you might wanna try updating just in case. IE11 relies heavily on the GPU for rendering.

As a Chrome user it's true that most sites with images etc cause a 100% cpu load for a bit when loading a page, and there's no real difference if hardware acceleration is on or off.

I just wonder if it has to do with the drivers myself :P (running latest Nvidia drivers).