Program to connect to a mac mini from a pc

Here is the scenario:

1. Mac mini is on a static ip in the tech lab 5 floors away and I don't always have the time or ability to get to it physically 

2. The company blocks 3rd party products like teamviewer and logmein

3. I have the ability to use a vnc program to remote into it such as vnc viewer but the connection to it is quite slow

Since my computer is a windows 8.1 desktop, apple remote desktop isn't an option.  Any other options for doing this?  If there is an option I can go through the proper channels and get it approved.

Use Mocha VNC is your using Windows 8. Its an App in the Windows Store and finally a good VNC Viewer. I have used this with OS X and Linux machines/servers. Works great. The other tool is remotix which I love but cost $40. Mocha cost $5.99 I believe but you can try it for 30 days.

Just my two cents, if they have other viewers block, they might not want you using any remote access tools.. They may allow VNC because that could be what they use for remote control.. I would check with your IT department, if you break their policy, they can fire you. If you are a student, they can kick you out.. Be careful.. 

Use Mocha VNC is your using Windows 8. Its an App in the Windows Store and finally a good VNC Viewer. I have used this with OS X and Linux machines/servers. Works great. The other tool is remotix which I love but cost $40. Mocha cost $5.99 I believe but you can try it for 30 days.

I just grabbed mocha vnc but it keeps crashing on my pc.  Not sure why.

Just my two cents, if they have other viewers block, they might not want you using any remote access tools.. They may allow VNC because that could be what they use for remote control.. I would check with your IT department, if you break their policy, they can fire you. If you are a student, they can kick you out.. Be careful.. 

They have other viewers blocked because by design they don't go through a companies firewall or proxy.  Which means they cannot control it.  But with vnc it can be.