Proxy Malware?

So I'm working on a computer I built several years ago for my mom.  I've brought her computer over to my house so I actually have direct access to it.  It's running Windows 7, and there appears to be some kind of proxy malware installed, but I'm not sure where it is, or what the process name would be, so while I'm digging around I thought I would post what's happening here for some input.

I've removed two pieces of adware/malware, Pureleads and Search Protect by Conduit, along with some coupon things and so forth.  Upon booting up, things seem to work normally.  After a few minutes however, most software is rendered unable to connect to the internet.  Pings from the command line give good responses, but web browsers, her Weather Channel desktop thingy, etc. all cannot connect.

The browsers themselves are not configured to connect through a proxy, I've checked those settings in IE, Chrome, and Firefox.

On a sidenote, her Firefox says "Yahoo! Edition" and has several built in extensions that do not have a "Remove" button, only the "Disable" button.

I'm about to nuke this thing from orbit, but would like to avoid having to back up about 1 TB of files.  The sticker I put on the case with the license key is still intact, but I'm not sure if she would still have the Windows disc that I sent home with the computer.

Any ideas or suggestions?