• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 +Chicane-UK

Chicane-UK

Neowinian Senior

• 9,714 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:04

For the most part I agree, but at the same time we do seem to be taking notes from the US food competitions. I've seen some ridiculous "challenges" that greasy spoons offer, you'd have a coronary just thinking about trying it.

I was slightly disappointed by the video, mostly because how at the start (and end) you see plenty of other interesting looking ingredients, and I thought, "so we're going to use everything there in a sandwich? How will that work?" Then it turned out to just be a few vegetables and cheese.

Agreed - we certainly are going down the American route for portion sizes, and so forth. It's a sad state of affairs! That said I've been known to eat a large Domino's pizza all by myself in one sitting so I'm not exactly in a position to cast aspersions! :) 

#17 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 15,855 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:11

looks good, not sure what the green stuff was but the sandwich looked good.

I wish i could get a Turkey Pesto that large :D

#18 +macoman

macoman

Neowinian

• 654 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:31

For the most part I agree, but at the same time we do seem to be taking notes from the US food competitions. I've seen some ridiculous "challenges" that greasy spoons offer, you'd have a coronary just thinking about trying it.

I was slightly disappointed by the video, mostly because how at the start (and end) you see plenty of other interesting looking ingredients, and I thought, "so we're going to use everything there in a sandwich? How will that work?" Then it turned out to just be a few vegetables and cheese.

if I have to choose between a McDonald and this sandwich, I will choose the sandwich without thinking. They prepared the sandwich with fresh veggies and species, something that I always love in a sandwich. I do not eat beef or pork. Sometimes I eat chicken just for the iron and protein.

#19 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,528 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 23:01

looked nice....

Now I'm hungry again :angry:

#20 OP papercut2008uk

papercut2008uk

Neowinian

• 236 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 23:13

If anyone wants to make it and was wondering what the 'green stuff' was:

1 small bunch fresh mint

2 small bunch fresh coriander

2-3 green chilli's 

1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds

1/2 teaspoon lemon juice

1/2 teaspoon salt

Optionally you can add

half a small onion

1 garlic clove

1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger

you just blend them together. main thing is to get 1 part mint to 2 parts coriander, make sure you only use a small amount, i made it before and put way too much in and ended up with loads of the stuff! 

#21 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,311 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 23:15

1 small bunch fresh mint

2-3 green chilli's 

1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds

1/2 teaspoon lemon juice

1/2 teaspoon salt

Optionally you can add

half a small onion

1 garlic clove

you just blend them together. main thing is to get 1 part mint to 2 parts coriander, make sure you only use a small amount, i made it before and put way too much in and ended up with loads of the stuff! 

This is what you call a salad with bread.

#22 PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Views expressed are not necessarily those of the management

• 1,284 posts
  • Phone: LG Nexus 4

Posted 13 March 2014 - 23:46

So, it's a cheese toastie? WOW!  :woot:

#23 Xerino

Xerino

The Mouth

• 2,592 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 22:42

Wheres the meat??? I sneezed just from the amount of pepper they put on all those tomatoes.. and it you actully do a calorie count, its less than a BK whopper by far

#24 OP papercut2008uk

papercut2008uk

Neowinian

• 236 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 23:28

Wheres the meat??? I sneezed just from the amount of pepper they put on all those tomatoes.. and it you actully do a calorie count, its less than a BK whopper by far

it's not pepper, it's 'Masala', which is a spice mix, it's usually a different mix depending on what it's used for. it's most likely 'chaat masala' which a recipe to make can easily be found online. 

#25 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,751 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 15 March 2014 - 23:47

Maybe not to English standards or even American standards, but it is definitely big for Indian standards! :)

It's just vegetables, nothing is going to happen! If it was stuffed with meat, then maybe.

It's pretty big by any Standard. I agree on the contents with the exception of the Cheese. That's a lot of cheese (saturated fat) and a lot of bread, but it depends on the bread how bad it will be.

It's very big considering how spicy Indian food is. That sauce is probably kickin' and if that was curry or anything close there was a lot of it. I'd eat 1/3 of it on before a workout. That's a lot of bread.

Consider it a grilled cheese! Looks interesting. Grilled Cheese & Tomato, plus a bunch of spice and other veggies. I'd eat it, once.

1 small bunch fresh mint

2-3 green chilli's 

1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds

1/2 teaspoon lemon juice

1/2 teaspoon salt

Optionally you can add

half a small onion

1 garlic clove

If that's what's in the sauce, I bet it tastes REALLY good. That's still a lotta butta & bread tho.

#26 shockz

shockz

Neowinian Senior

• 19,605 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 15 March 2014 - 23:59

That looks like something some gluten with bad dental hygiene form the U.S.A. would eat.

If we're going to throw sterotypes around, I thought the English were the ones with bad teeth....

You're right, that sandwhich is so small to us, it'd be considered a snack sometime in the morning before lunch... :rolleyes:

#27 PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Views expressed are not necessarily those of the management

• 1,284 posts
  • Phone: LG Nexus 4

Posted 16 March 2014 - 00:00

Needs more beef, not sure that would go down well with the Indians though.

Also, holy christ the spelling here is bad, you do realise what the red line underneath words is? Your browser is trying to teach you how to spell, let it.

#28 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,528 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 00:01

Needs more beef, not sure that would go down well with the Indians though

Could use ham or lamb, or chicken......

#29 +macoman

macoman

Neowinian

• 654 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 13:33

Could use ham or lamb, or chicken......

I prefer salmon only and replace the white bread with multigrain wheat bread :rolleyes: