Quran verse on expression of justice greets Harvard University visitors

The quote is religious, Muhammad the prophet may have been seen as a lawgiver but making laws and abiding by them are two different things. If I set the laws I could bend them to my own benefit.

These are other reasons why I think it shouldn't be quoted:

Mohammed broke many of today's laws, the same laws they teach you at Harvard to uphold and protect.

- Mohammed bribed people with spoils of war to convert to Islam.

- He had people killed who spoke out against Islam.

- In Villages he raided they would collect the women and sell/trade them.

- Women captives were raped after Mohammad received a revelation allowing the soldiers to do so. (This was shortly after soldiers were getting weary of being away from their wives for long periods and asked the prophet for guidance)

- Mohammed began a courtship with a 6 year old girl.

Mohammed was also illiterate, he could neither read nor write. (His followers wrote down his words for the quran)

I'm not religious,I'm not going to sugar-coat it.. what is written above is fact and is also in the Quran. I find it offensive that his words are used to try uphold justice in any Institution which teaches law.

As I stated above, those who created the exhibit felt it fit it qualified for what they were doing. You don't have to like it, don't support it then but it's not yours so it's not a worry for you. Im pretty sure though that those that study law, have a better understanding then those that dont and prob don't have a an issue with it. Remember what you find offensive is YOUR problem, not someone elses. 

As I stated above, those who created the exhibit felt it fit it qualified for what they were doing. You don't have to like it, don't support it then but it's not yours so it's not a worry for you. Im pretty sure though that those that study law, have a better understanding then those that dont and prob don't have a an issue with it. Remember what you find offensive is YOUR problem, not someone elses. 

Yes, its my problem that I find using a murderer, pedophile, illiterate, warmongering advocate of raping and selling off women offensive to use as a pinup icon for a institute that teaches law.

While we are at it, might as well include some quotes from Hitler, Genghis Khan, Caligula, Ivan IV: ?the Terrible?, Vlad "the Impaler". Ioannis Metaxas, Pol Pot and etc.. 

Also its not an exhibit, its a verse posted at the entrance of Harvard's faculty of law.

Actually you're wrong, America is about everyone that is here, specially given that this country was made up of immigrants, you know the people who became Americans. This exhibit also uses quotes from people around the world and is not in anyway based on Americans only, so you're whining is basically pointless. You don't have to like what this exhibit is about, it's not yours to worry about. And for all anyone here knows, they could very well have quotes from Lincoln and Madison. Just because its not shown in the video doesn't mean that's all the quotes on display. 

As I stated above, those who created the exhibit felt it fit it qualified for what they were doing. You don't have to like it, don't support it then but it's not yours so it's not a worry for you. 

- OP posted a topic on Quranic verse at the entrance of harvard law faculty. 

- You justified it saying Muhammad was a "lawgiver"

- We called it dumb to have an monument with a quranic quote, considering Sharia law of quran is barbaric.infact,  Sharia with its eye for an eye approach  is the anti thesis of what law should be about.

- now you are reduced to making a lame post about , how its not "ours" and we shouldn't "worry" about

for the record, i'm not "worrying" about it. I'm just calling it dumb. i couldnt care less if Harvard law faculty converted to Islam. 

oh and its an installation at the entrance of Harvard faculty of law not some quotes in some exhibit. atleast get your facts right before starting knee jerk attacks :/

- OP posted a topic on Quranic verse at the entrance of harvard law faculty. 

- You justified it saying Muhammad was a "lawgiver"

- We called it dumb to have an monument with a quranic quote, considering Sharia law of quran is barbaric.infact,  Sharia with its eye for an eye approach  is the anti thesis of what law should be about.

- now you are reduced to making a lame post about , how its not "ours" and we shouldn't "worry" about

for the record, i'm not "worrying" about it. I'm just calling it dumb. i couldnt care less if Harvard law faculty converted to Islam. its your problem not ours.

oh and its an installation at the entrance of Harvard faculty of law, some quotes in some exhibit. atleast get your facts right before starting knee jerk attacks :/

- What the OP got from it is different then what I got from it, as well as what it's being used for. The religious aspect is not the context the quote is used in. If the OP wants to take a religious context out of it, that's on him and him alone.

- Im not justifying it, I simply understand the context it's being used in by the exhibitor

- It's a subjective view that you think it's dumb, it's an exhibit on laws and those who had influence on said laws throughout history, an exhibit at a law school

- you're simply deflecting that you are whining about an exhibit on law at a law school and how you disagree with how its being used

Fine you think its dumb, that's your opinion but clearly you care enough to comment about it therefore that shows you care, even if its slightly.

It's an exhibit, even states so on their web site, being at the entrance does not make it any less of an exhibit. The facts Im a stated are correct.