Ghostbusters Proton Pack Replica for sale on eBay for

If you're in your early forties and watched Ghostbusters when you was a teen. ...Well lets just say that you will appreciate this as much as I did. I was on eBay to search for a specific router bit for my router, and I came across this. to be honest I actually don't know how I came across this, it must have been something I typed in brought this up. it took me by surprise so much I actually forgot what I went on eBay for. But I am glad I found it because it made me laugh. I've spent some crazy money in the past for things, but I wouldn't pay ?850.00 $1,415.07 (at current exchange rate) for a GB Proton Pack Replica for this much. But you have to admit. It does look cool. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ghostbusters-Proton-Pack-Replica-/141196578594?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

$_57.JPG

It's had 6 offers at the moment with 70 watching...

• Like 1

If you're in your early forties and watched Ghostbusters when you was a teen. ...Well lets just say that you will appreciate this as much as I did. I was on eBay to search for a specific router bit for my router, and I came across this. to be honest I actually don't know how I came across this, it must have been something I typed in brought this up. it took me by surprise so much I actually forgot what I went on eBay for. But I am glad I found it because it made me laugh. I've spent some crazy money in the past for things, but I wouldn't pay ?850.00 $1,415.07 (at current exchange rate) for a GB Proton Pack Replica for this much. But you have to admit. It does look cool. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ghostbusters-Proton-Pack-Replica-/141196578594?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

$_57.JPG

It's had 6 offers at the moment...

How rude, I remember the movies and the cartoons and I'm 38 :p

How rude, I remember the movies and the cartoons and I'm 38 :p

Sorry...  I was 13 going on 14 when this was released in 1984, this is why I said in their 40's  :blush:

I want a real proton pack. :p

Imagine the carnage with one of these...

• Like 1

Sorry...  I was 13 going on 14 when this was released in 1984, this is why I said in their 40's  :blush:

It's cool, I wasn't serious

and, you should be ok so long as you don't cross the streams

It's cool, I wasn't serious

and, you should be ok so long as you don't cross the streams

Wouldn't it be cool if you had a 30' Marshmallow man as well.  :)

A few weeks ago, I met a guy a Pensacon that had a "fully functioning" Proton Pack with lights and sounds. These replicas are getting pretty high tech. Someone made one based off of the pack that appeared in the video game. It has steams shooting out of it with ejecting cyclotron lights to simulate it being vented. 

The eBay link honestly is probably fairly close to it's max worth, considering it's a "scratch" built back without a fiberglass shell on it.  It could be actually overpriced due to it being a polyurethane foam build. It is not a bad looking pack at all, but I just have to wonder at it's price due to the materials probably were maybe 1/3 of the current price.

As far as the one benthebear linked, The "Phoenix" pack is an interesting one, one of the few built that have a venting system in place, due to the complexity of getting them setup, also had the rods extending out which is a direct pull from 2009 game, which I believe currently is the only pack with such a feature.  The inside of the pack is crammed packed with electronics, pneumatics and such.  I cannot imagine it is a light pack either.

And then here is the pack I currently own:

13071181634_de5772a7ac_b.jpg

13070831345_d9a9eec0df_b.jpg

13070748905_8b30525508_b.jpg

13071093564_359c595b9f_b.jpg

My pack is a lot closer to that price or more, I have a fiberglass shell, plus a full aluminum gun, lots of real and metal parts, a few parts I will be replacing on the pack in a few months with actual metal equivalents that were used in the movies that are currently resin cast, the amount of people making metal parts in the GB community sure has grown since just a few years ago.

And a short demo of the lights and sounds on my thrower, eventually I'll toss up a full demo of the light/sound kit in the pack and wand.

Ghostbusters is just one of the many prop communities out there.

• Like 2

I hate you :p

I have a 10th Doctor Officially Licensed overcoat with a really nice replica blue suit, 3 of the NECA portal guns.  I am just a little bit into cosplay. ^.^

It has been suggested I name my PWC "Slimer"

13179003305_da91f8ebac_b.jpg

• Like 2

He's better than me, he has bigger toys :cry:

Honestly you should see some of the community member's packs, they are extremely accurate, some of these people do a ton of research.  I saw someone's recent trap build and jaw dropped, the sheer amount of work people put into some of this stuff is crazy.

• Like 1

I think my wife would cut off my balls if I ever decided to try and build something like that

But I have to admit, from where I'm sitting, you have impressive gear (Y)

I think my wife would cut off my balls if I ever decided to try and build something like that

But I have to admit, from where I'm sitting, you have impressive gear (Y)

Tis a shame because I think there is a lot of significant others out there that would do that, cosplay at least in the U.S.A. is growing in popularity, can still seem "weird" to a lot of people.  I wish I lived in Japan, you could stride down in Tokyo in cosplay and no one would think one thing of it.

it is always a blast going to conventions and see what others have built and put together on their own, the creativity is astounding and a bit of a refresher.  Dragon Con is really fun to see what people come out with, I've seen pictures of Big Daddy suits from Bioshock that look really real.

• Like 1