Sony's PlayStation 4 going up $50 in Canada

Yeah, so far I've purchased my Sony PS4 and lets say I'm dissapointed with the game selection. It feels like we waited 6 years to get some unfinished gaming console with about 2 solid games.

what did you expect though?  Everybody knew the closer you got to launch that both consoles would have a weak lineup and unfortunately that's pretty consistent with every hardware launch.

Yeah just saw that. Even XBox One upcoming games are 65$ or 70$ for big title like Batman and Destiny. 70$ is ridiculous considering 60$ US currently worth 66$ canadian.

They lost me as a customer for ""next"" gen.

Yeah just saw that. Even XBox One upcoming games are 65$ or 70$ for big title like Batman and Destiny. 70$ is ridiculous considering 60$ US currently worth 66$ canadian.

They lost me as a customer for ""next"" gen.

Again, what is the big deal of buying a game at release date? Can you wait 6 months and pay half? I always do this and never die... :D

damn, you guys probably have highest jobs salary as well. I will never live in a country so expensive as yours.

We do.. but only slightly, Median Wage is only $57,400 n Australia. It is $44,321 in the US. Take into account currency exchange rate at 0.90 USD to 1 AUD than the median AUS wage is $51,660 USD.

For a 14% higher wage we pay much much more for products and services compared to the US. Fuel is almost $6/gallon (or $1.5/Lt), Property (3 bedroom, decent size property) within 1hr drive to a major city like Melbourne or Sydney will cost at least $400,000. If you want a property within 15min drive to Melbourne or Sydney you a looking at spending over $800,000. A typical restaurant visit will cost me around $30 (This is for a mid-range restaurant meal for one), fast food store meal like McDonald's will cost you about $15. My home phone and internet package costs me $120/month. Cable TV starts at $50/month for the basic/minimum channels. My water and electricity bills average at about $300-$400 quarterly each. 24 pack of Coca Cola cans costs $24. A pack of cigarettes costs $25 ($1 per cigarette). A bottle of Whisky costs $30-$50 for the popular brands like JD, WT, AB, CC, JB, etc. A cup of coffee is around $5 at a regular cafe. Average pair of Nike or other sports brand shoes is around $160, suits costs around $400 for a cheap one and collared work shirts are around $80. A regular budget sedan will cost around $40,000, a 7 series BMW will cost you about $200,000 while in the US its closer to $80,000 (I could import two and convert them to right-hand drive for about the same price as it costs to buy one in Aus).

prices of games have also gone up 10$ to 69.99 it ####in' sucks.

Was dreading this...figured we had it too good when prices didn't go up by the usual next gen tax...let's hope this isn't going to be the norm again, $60 is already a lot per game and salaries are mostly stagnant worldwide

We do.. but only slightly, Median Wage is only $57,400 n Australia. It is $44,321 in the US. Take into account currency exchange rate at 0.90 USD to 1 AUD than the median AUS wage is $51,660 USD.

For a 14% higher wage we pay much much more for products and services compared to the US. Fuel is almost $6/gallon (or $1.5/Lt), Property (3 bedroom, decent size property) within 1hr drive to a major city like Melbourne or Sydney will cost at least $400,000. If you want a property within 15min drive to Melbourne or Sydney you a looking at spending over $800,000. A typical restaurant visit will cost me around $30 (This is for a mid-range restaurant meal for one), fast food store meal like McDonald's will cost you about $15. My home phone and internet package costs me $120/month. Cable TV starts at $50/month for the basic/minimum channels. My water and electricity bills average at about $300-$400 quarterly each. 24 pack of Coca Cola cans costs $24. A pack of cigarettes costs $25 ($1 per cigarette). A bottle of Whisky costs $30-$50 for the popular brands like JD, WT, AB, CC, JB, etc. A cup of coffee is around $5 at a regular cafe. Average pair of Nike or other sports brand shoes is around $160, suits costs around $400 for a cheap one and collared work shirts are around $80. A regular budget sedan will cost around $40,000, a 7 series BMW will cost you about $200,000 while in the US its closer to $80,000 (I could import two and convert them to right-hand drive for about the same price as it costs to buy one in Aus).

I am speechless... Just amazing how expensive is to live there :-o

what did you expect though?  Everybody knew the closer you got to launch that both consoles would have a weak lineup and unfortunately that's pretty consistent with every hardware launch.

Hell, if you ask most 360 owners, PS3 STILL doesn't have any games.

• Like 1

(3 bedroom, decent size property) within 1hr drive to a major city like Melbourne or Sydney will cost at least $400,000.

God speed in Sydney for that type of deal. $500,000+ minimum...

I expect this is 100% to do with exchange rates, so I doubt it'll spread. $399 CAD is roughly what, $360, so this brings the prices in line.

Still way cheaper than we get over here in the EU!

Yes, I am also pretty sure that it is to do with exchange rates. Over the past year, CAD has gone from being almost 1:1 vs USD to being about 90 US cents.