Father bites off infant sons nose

May I humbly suggest a feet-first trip through a woodchipper?

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/03/13/fairfield-man-arrested-for-biting-nose-off-infant-son/

(NOTE: source = San Francisco station)

FAIRFIELD (CBS SF) ? An 18-year-old Fairfield man has been arrested for biting the nose off of his infant son, police said.

Fairfield Police said they received a phone call from a hysterical female saying her infant child was bleeding from its nose.

Doctors at North Bay Medical Center determined the infant?s nose had been severed and the child had possible head trauma, according to the police press release.

The infant was later taken to Oakland Children?s Hospital where doctors determined the 1-month-old infant had a skull fracture, a brain hemorrhage, and a third of the child?s nose had been severed off, according to the release.

Investigators determined the father, Joshua Cooper, had bitten his son?s nose off out of frustration over the infant crying, police said.

It was unclear how the child suffered the fractured skull and brain hemorrhage.

Cooper was arrested and booked into Solano County Jail in Fairfield for child cruelty and aggravated mayhem, police said.

Jesus H. Corbett ....I mean Christ! ;)

He probably didn't know about the Dunstan Baby Language:

(great name for an organization at 0:54  :p)

This churns my stomach.  As a father of infant twins, I understand the stresses of raising children.  It is not easy.  As a matter of fact, it is down right difficult to maintain ones emotion at times.  However, I cannot conceive how a father could so cruelly abuse and potentially disfigure his own child.  This is beyond reprehensible.  The family will rightly lose their freedom and custody of the child - but my hope is that this innocent child can make a full recovery.  May God bless and watch over this little one.

This churns my stomach. [...] I cannot conceive how a father could so cruelly abuse and potentially disfigure his own child.  This is beyond reprehensible.  The family will rightly lose their freedom and custody of the child - but my hope is that this innocent child can make a full recovery.  May God bless and watch over this little one.

Seconded!

This churns my stomach.  As a father of infant twins, I understand the stresses of raising children.  It is not easy.  As a matter of fact, it is down right difficult to maintain ones emotion at times.  However, I cannot conceive how a father could so cruelly abuse and potentially disfigure his own child.  This is beyond reprehensible.  The family will rightly lose their freedom and custody of the child - but my hope is that this innocent child can make a full recovery.  May God bless and watch over this little one.

I second that s

Seconded!

I second that second!

I am praying that this child makes a full recovery. I've come to no longer be shocked of the horrors that, us human beings are capable of.

I have 3kids of my own, and crying is just part of the deal with having them....

This is sad...