Remote debug VS from non domain machine

Question

So I recently setup a web service (hosted on a virtual machine) and was able to remote debug it. I had another virtual client (running windows 7) that points the dns to the virtual server to connect to the web service being hosted in IIS). That way I can use the test console app from the virtual client to make calls to the web service on the virtual server as if it were in a production environment (ex. I could have the console app go to https://www.mysite.com/WebSvc/Service1.svc and it would resolve and function). I had to scrap the virtual machine and start over and use active directory (windows server 2008) this time around. I used to remote debug the web service by using the "Attach to Process" and attaching it to w3p.exe on the virtual server. Got everything working except now Visual Studio won't connect to the remote machine (says Access is Denied). The web service is accessible via the client still. I have no problem accessing the web site. However I can not remotely attach to the w3p.exe process any more. I'm thinking it's b/c the server is on a domain and my main computer (running windows 8 pro) is not on the server domain. Is there anyway around this? I have been searching the web but there is limited documentation on this and I can't seem to get a solution going. I don't care about security this is a test environment with nothing important on it what so ever.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet