Finally bought a Wii U

I can get mine to work upstairs without really positioning the console in any special way, but it's mostly limited to the room(s) directly above where the console is. I guess maybe i have a bit less interference in the place i live.

I literally spent an entire evening when I first got the WiiU seeing where I could play it in my house. Although I can always technically see it upstairs, it was literally unplayable. The only time it was semi playable was if I put the WiiU on a bookshelf speaker that is 4 feet tall so it was closer to the ceiling. The room I was trying to get it working in and testing in was my bedroom which is literally the room right above where the WiiU is.

It could be interference, last I checked I had 25+ devices on just my wireless. It could also be the fact I also get interference from the surrounding houses in my area. In New Jersey houses are pretty damn close to each other, so when I launch an app like WiFi Explorer to see how many different SSID's it is picking up, I usually see around 17 other wireless networks. In my house there is only 2, so yeah, there is a lot of congestion just because of how close houses are in NJ. I actually cannot even use the GamePad 10 feet from my WiiU. If I step outside and try to use it, I get no signal at all. Reason there is the front wall on the downstairs of my house is brick. I can see the WiiU through my window, but the gamePad simply does not work because of the brick.

I would love to be one of the people who can use the GamePad wherever in my house. Unfortunately I cannot. So I share this fact as people's experience with it will no doubt be different depending on their own environment.

It's probably not interference. Devices ont he same network shouldn't matter, I also have very very few devices that would interfere with it, and my closest neighbour is like at least 100 meters away. :)

• Like 1

It is about 4 hours give or take. I have had it last as little as 3.

Thats ok then, definitely can live with that. Not much different from PS4 controller, i get like six hours. With quick USB charging thats not an issue.

It's probably not interference. Devices ont he same network shouldn't matter, I also have very very few devices that would interfere with it, and my closest neighbour is like at least 100 meters away. :)

Like the sound of your neighborhood. Any girls with dragon tattoos? :-)

• 1 month later...
  • Like 2

That's a pretty decent bundle.

Buying Nintendo consoles are like buying printers: wait until the hardware comes down, because buying the software (or in the case of printers, ink cartridges) are the things that are going to cost you.

I take it you're not going to have that ordered honoured, AB:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-20-john-lewis-couldnt-fulfil-any-112-wii-u-orders

John Lewis has revealed to Eurogamer that it couldn't fulfil any orders of the ?112 Wii U console bundle that caused a minor stampede to its website four days ago.

"Unfortunately an error resulted in this line incorrectly going live on our website and its availability as 'in stock'," a spokesperson for John Lewis explained. "As a result, we could not fulfil any orders.

"In most instances, the funds had not been taken from customer accounts, but a small number of accounts were unfortunately charged. All customers have been contacted via email, explaining that the item is not in stock, and if they have already been charged for the purchase, a full refund will be given.

"John Lewis apologises to all those affected by this error and any inconvenience caused."

Hey just saw this, but congratulations :punk:

^ the store he bought it from isn't going to honour that price, It was a pricing error.  :cry:

^ the store he bought it from isn't going to honour that price, It was a pricing error.  :cry:

Oh, well, that's unfortunate...but still, he's got a Wii U now, i'm friggin jealous, i want one :x

An error, apparently. If AB got his he was probably lucky. As far as I can tell they realised their mistake before they shipped any orders & this was an online deal, so I don't think he would have bought it instore at this price.

Hmmm, wonder about the legalities of canceling it. I don't know about British law on the subject.

Over here I don't even know since legally they have to honor it, they can only cancel orders here if the price is so low it should be obvious to the customer it was an error. In this case the price isn't low enough it would be obviously apparent. We've had some stuff where they had to or chose to sell some stuff really cheap because of such errors.

It depends on the terms and conditions of the website entirely, unless, however, payment has been taken. If they take payment then they can be considered to have accepted your "offer to purchase" and enter into a contract of sale. Hence why retailers here normally put a "hold" onto the card, and only take payment when shipping.

We actually have an interesting law here called "loss of bargain" which means that, if John Lewis took payment, for example, you can force them to pay the difference between the price you were supposed to pay, and the price at a competitor.

Frankly, it should be viewed as a contract that you've entered into with the seller. It's not the consumer's job to determine why an item might be priced so low, it is simply their choice whether or not to buy it. Once the transaction is made, it should be honoured.

An error, apparently. If AB got his he was probably lucky. As far as I can tell they realised their mistake before they shipped any orders & this was an online deal, so I don't think he would have bought it instore at this price.

I asked him last night and he said it was cancelled :(

Man that sucks, i was really hoping to hear more about his Wii U, for that price...fantastic. And since I want a Wii U so bad it would have been living vicariously.

Sorry AB that this happened :cry:

Am sure there are legal remedies to this, but who has the time or the energy to take this up with the authorities? Companies know most people will just walk away once any money charged is refunded.

Sadly as Andy said no WiiU for me.

Will hold off getting one till <= ?150.

Man, i feel bad that it happened like that. I know you were probably really looking forward to it. You can always get one later whenever you feel like it.

• 2 weeks later...

I;ve been playing a lot of MK8 and the short battery life is starting to become much more apparent.

I;ve been playing a lot of MK8 and the short battery life is starting to become much more apparent.

I have too noticed this. I'm quite tempted to buy the larger battery now!

I have too noticed this. I'm quite tempted to buy the larger battery now!

I have an outlet close to where I play so it isn't too much of a hassle, and dimming the screen seems to extend the battery life a fair bit.

How long is it for you? I mean the battery life? :rofl:

How long is it for you? I mean the battery life? :rofl:

:rofl:

If I have the screen at full brightness about 3-4 hours. If I have it at the lowest brightness setting about 4-5 hours. At about the 3rd/4th hour the battery light comes on and I am too nervous about the gamepad dying mid-race so I plug it in.