Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Your favourite documentaries?

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I want to add some docos to my library and I thought I would see what people on here like. I am happy to take suggestions about any topic (history, war, space, nature, etc.) but please no conspiracy stuff. I don't want to watch "documentaries" about the Moon Landing being a Hoax or deranged paranoid theories about 9/11, please.

Thanks all.

Posted

Man Vs Wild or Top Gear? Just kidding.

National Geographic: Weirdest Planets, Dangerous Companions, Megafactories, Megastructures, Gangs in prison, Cocaine Wars, Taboo Drugs, heaps of others.

What topics are you interested in?

Posted

This is my favorite space documentary ever:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1233514/

Posted

Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States was quite captivating when I saw it last year.

Posted

Naomi Klein - The Shock Doctrine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iW1SHPgUAQ

Posted

David Attenborough. If he's narrating, it's an awesome documentary. The Blue Planet, Frozen Planet and Planet Earth are incredible, but there are plenty of others that I've yet to get hold of.

Also, Brian Cox's two series. Wonders of the Solar System and Wonders of the Universe.

Finally, Andrew Marr's History of the World is an interesting take on some important moments in history.

I'm looking forward to hearing other options. I seem to remember making a similar thread a year ago or so. Sadly it didn't get as much attention as I was hoping.

Posted

Cool. My dad also enjoys documentaries. I think he is mostly interested in history.