What should I do now?

My Nvidia GTX 260 died, and I RMA it back to XFX. It took them 2 weeks to 'test' and then issue a replacement card, now the replacement card should be here today or tommorow, but I noticed in the email message from xfx support that they are sending me an ATI card, not an Nvidia one! I have posted a question on the support page asking them to explain what/why, but have not received a reponse yet. I really do not want an ATI card, the card that the message indicates that they are sending is XFX CORE Edition FX-777A-ZNF4 Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB What should I do about this siituation?

Not according to XFX. I am RMAing my HD6870 right now, I read that they might send you a ATI or NVIDIA replacement. No matter what your previous card was.

I would contact XFX... You can discuss your options with them directly without all of the armchair conjecture you'll get elsewhere.

Is there any way to contact xfx via telephone? I have not been able to find a contact number.

Not according to XFX. I am RMAing my HD6870 right now, I read that they might send you a ATI or NVIDIA replacement. No matter what your previous card was.

That doesn't seem right... If they are doing this they are violating their own warranty...

During the duration of the limited hardware warranty, XFX or its authorized representative will repair any XFX-branded hardware products returned to us that prove to be defective in materials or workmanship. If XFX or its authorized representative is not able to repair the product, we will replace it with a comparable product that is new or refurbished.

http://xfxforce.com/en-us/Help/Support/WarrantyInformation.aspx

I don't think swapping GPU venders is comparable since ATI and Nvidia offer slightly different features...

That doesn't seem right... If they are doing this they are violating their own warranty...

http://xfxforce.com/en-us/Help/Support/WarrantyInformation.aspx

I don't think swapping GPU venders is comparable since ATI and Nvidia offer slightly different features...

Directly from XFX's RMA form:

XFX reserves the right to provide a replacement based on the performance of the

original purchased product and not features, current market value, or original purchase
price. XFX also reserves the right to replace products with like models of a different
type, for example AMD with NVIDIA, or NVIDIA with AMD.

Directly from XFX's RMA form:

I would argue they are violating their warranty policy and possibly Federal law... But I am not affected so I can only armchair it...

This is enough to make me stay away from XFX products in general...

I wouldn't want to buy a top tier GPU with a lifetime warranty only to have it replaced with a low end GPU from the alternative vender in 4 years when its performance baseline is the same as a low end or mid range product...

This sucks for you, but XFX hasn't made Nvidia cards for a long long time.

Looking at their product page you're right. In that case, I take back my previous complaints. They can't give you what they don't have...

• Like 1

so let me get this straight, you are getting a better performing card but it is of a different chip than what you sent in and you have a problem with this? 

If someone wants to give me a newer faster working car of another make in trade for my older broken car, I am not going to complain at all.

I was not compaining, I was asking a question about it. I know nothing about the current GPU market. What is the best Nvidia card on the market now?

I was not compaining, I was asking a question about it. I know nothing about the current GPU market. What is the best Nvidia card on the market now?

Dual die: GTX 690.

Single die: the GTX 780 or Titan Black.

My Nvidia GTX 260 died, and I RMA it back to XFX. It took them 2 weeks to 'test' and then issue a replacement card ....

I swear, you must live under high power lines, as many computer problems as you have had.

I hope you have a UPS.

Depends...Quadro K6000 is probably the best out there right now.....probably not what you were looking for though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?gclid=CLen7qySnb0CFaw-MgodbHoAeg&Item=N82E16814133494&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-Workstation+Graphics+Cards-_-N82E16814133494&ef_id=UuJ7XgAABFFijlzP:20140318223502:s

GTX titan black would prboably be the best consumer grade GPU.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1034160&gclid=CJLektCRnb0CFYY7MgoddycA2g&Q=&is=REG&A=details

^ The k6000 actually has slightly worse specs (clock and memory bandwidth -- definitely better in terms of RAM though) than the Titan Black & GTX 690.

the two really have different purposes now don't they.  The best that can handle anything would be the quadro as it can render 3d drawings much faster due to the shear amount of memory and it can also handle gaming.  It is 1 ms slower than the titan when it comes to rendering according to this test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFzxNzTFdK0, you need the memory for complex 3d models .