What should I do now?

^ Fair enough, in that regard, the Titan Black (and K6000 of course) can also perform much better than the GTX 690 (due to the much better performance of double precision ops -- though this depends on whether the render is using DP or not).

EDIT - to be more clear, the K6000 still holds an advantage in these areas regardless because of the total memory.

EDIT2 -- also, in that regard the K6000 is probably better for GPGPU cases that require a lot of memory.

My Nvidia GTX 260 died, and I RMA it back to XFX. It took them 2 weeks to 'test' and then issue a replacement card, now the replacement card should be here today or tommorow, but I noticed in the email message from xfx support that they are sending me an ATI card, not an Nvidia one! I have posted a question on the support page asking them to explain what/why, but have not received a reponse yet. I really do not want an ATI card, the card that the message indicates that they are sending is XFX CORE Edition FX-777A-ZNF4 Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB What should I do about this siituation?

When you receive the card don't open it, leave it in brand new condition and sell it on ebay as new, take the money and buy something nvidia based.

They're sending you an HD 7770 because they likely don't have any GTX 260s around, it's a 6 years old card. The HD 7770 is WAY better, so it's a great deal for you.

Okay, so I've got a new issue. The card will not seat 100% in the PciE slot, I've tried both slots.There is nothing physically wrong with the slots, the card itself will not completely fit. What should I do now?

Okay, so I've got a new issue. The card will not seat 100% in the PciE slot, I've tried both slots.There is nothing physically wrong with the slots, the card itself will not completely fit. What should I do now?

That even possible? I'd understand it might not fit in your case...

That even possible? I'd understand it might not fit in your case...

I think that may be the issue, my case is an Nzxt, but I can not be more specific right now because I can not login to newegg.

That doesn't make sense, PCI-E is a standard and HD 7770s are PCI-E cards that fit PCI-E slots. Are you sure there's no obstruction whatsoever?

Yes, very bright (100 lumens) flashlight, nothing in the way.

Well, try to fit the card in another motherboard then... if it does fit, then you have a strange motherboard with non-standard PCI-E slots and it's a mystery how you were able to fit a GTX 260 in there.

Well, try to fit the card in another motherboard then... if it does fit, then you have a strange motherboard with non-standard PCI-E slots and it's a mystery how you were able to fit a GTX 260 in there.

:iiam: ... :rolleyes:

i've had that same issue, but with an Nvidia card go figure. It was the PCI-E slot that was very tight.. :rofl:  really, it was.

just check if there isn't any obstruction and force a little on it's way into the slot, it will fit.

also about your original issue; the only situation i could be mad it was it that card had CUDA and i had some very specific CUDA aware app; if not then it's a great deal for you.

Use this for perfect fitting.

saws2.jpg

Then get 4 GTX Titan Z and send it to me.  I'll make sure it fits. :rofl: :D :laugh:

• Like 1

Ok, so I removed the front panel from the card (the one that allows to be screwed into the case) and that seems to have fixed the issue with the card not fitting, now the other odd issue, If I allow the system to boot windows, it stays up for ~2-5 mins, then it either black screen, or simply reboots. I have pulled my RAM out and placed just 2 of them into the board, now when I attempt to boot, I get the error code C1 on the LED display, which I interipit to be memory error. What should I do next?