xbox one microsoft dashboard update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

#61 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 15 April 2014 - 18:21

Are you asking for an invite to the new update preview? If so, the update is out for everyone.

sorry.. my mistake.  I thought this would get the additional future updates as well.. ignore!

#62 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Phone: LG G3

Posted 15 April 2014 - 18:23

sorry.. my mistake.  I thought this would get the additional future updates as well.. ignore!

It will.

#63 0sit0

0sit0

Live and let live

Posted 15 April 2014 - 18:35

Does this update fix the issue with HDMI passthrough freeze? I've had this issue since day 1 and the only solution that works ok is playing a silent audio file. The problem is the file sometimes stop playing and i have to remote desktop into the computer to start it again and it is a pain lol.

#64 +timster

timster

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 4

Posted 15 April 2014 - 18:36

I am Captain8000 and I play video games!

#65 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Phone: LG G3

Posted 15 April 2014 - 18:40

Does this update fix the issue with HDMI passthrough freeze? I've had this issue since day 1 and the only solution that works ok is playing a silent audio file. The problem is the file sometimes stop playing and i have to remote desktop into the computer to start it again and it is a pain lol.

I actually believe your solution is an indication of the root cause of the problem. Your audio settings are more than likely incorrect.

I say this as someone who had a decent amount of issues. Laggy video. Out of sync audio. Complete freezes. I just thought it was growing pains of the One itself, and they had a lot of work to be done.

A friend of mine let me know I may have my audio settings set up incorrectly, sure enough I did, and once I set them up correctly, I have not seen any of the aforementioned issues.

Truth is I think they do a very poor job of letting the end user know which audio settings really do what, but in my example I had chosen DTS as it only made sense to me since my receiver was DTS capable, yet that was the wrong setting completely.

So try changing your audio settings and see if you still have the issues. Especially since you say it is an audio file that helps the issue, that leads me to believe it is the audio settings itself causing the issue to begin with.

#66 BoDEAN

BoDEAN

REDHead

• Phone: Iphone

Posted 15 April 2014 - 18:52

Andrew G.

I got an invite today for the preview program. thanks again for it

#67 OP Andrew

Andrew

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 15 April 2014 - 19:12

Andrew G.

I got an invite today for the preview program. thanks again for it

Nice (Y) :) What did it say? Does it automatically accept you into the preview or did you have to go into another selection process?

#68 0sit0

0sit0

Live and let live

Posted 15 April 2014 - 20:09

I actually believe your solution is an indication of the root cause of the problem. Your audio settings are more than likely incorrect.

I say this as someone who had a decent amount of issues. Laggy video. Out of sync audio. Complete freezes. I just thought it was growing pains of the One itself, and they had a lot of work to be done.

A friend of mine let me know I may have my audio settings set up incorrectly, sure enough I did, and once I set them up correctly, I have not seen any of the aforementioned issues.

Truth is I think they do a very poor job of letting the end user know which audio settings really do what, but in my example I had chosen DTS as it only made sense to me since my receiver was DTS capable, yet that was the wrong setting completely.

So try changing your audio settings and see if you still have the issues. Especially since you say it is an audio file that helps the issue, that leads me to believe it is the audio settings itself causing the issue to begin with.

I have tried every single setting available and nothing works. I'm not the only one... google "HDMI Passthrough Freeze" and you'll see.

#69 BoDEAN

BoDEAN

REDHead

• Phone: Iphone

Posted 16 April 2014 - 20:26

Nice (Y) :) What did it say? Does it automatically accept you into the preview or did you have to go into another selection process?

Im on the road working, but i checked my smartglass app on my iphone, said I had a message.

Message said, dated 1130pm 4/14/14  you invited to preview xbox one updates. use this code to download the registration app..

I will be home tomorrow to download it

#70 OP Andrew

Andrew

Once More 'Round the Sun

Posted 16 April 2014 - 20:30

Im on the road working, but i checked my smartglass app on my iphone, said I had a message.

Message said, dated 1130pm 4/14/14  you invited to preview xbox one updates. use this code to download the registration app..

I will be home tomorrow to download it

Same process as I went through then.

A second member also PM'd to let me know he was invited so at least a few of you are having some success (Y) Maybe it'll ramp up as we head into the next build.

#71 Houtei

Houtei

Neowinian

Posted 16 April 2014 - 20:47

I got the official april update this morning.  So far only big thing i noticed is that my kinect seems to hear me very well now even when my tv sound is up pretty loud.  No longer seem to have to yell at it. And xbox ON worked! The first time its ever worked for me since launch.  Also i think when i launched titanfall it popped up and said i had 2 friends playing titanfall right now which was kinda nice to see.

#72 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 16 April 2014 - 22:13

I got the official april update this morning.  So far only big thing i noticed is that my kinect seems to hear me very well now even when my tv sound is up pretty loud.  No longer seem to have to yell at it. And xbox ON worked! The first time its ever worked for me since launch.  Also i think when i launched titanfall it popped up and said i had 2 friends playing titanfall right now which was kinda nice to see.

I hope more people that were having issues with voice see the update fix those issues.

#73 OP Andrew

Andrew

Once More 'Round the Sun

Posted 17 April 2014 - 14:20

Reminder

I've had 2 people ask me this now so just in case anyone else missed it when I mentioned it before. If you don't accept the friend request, I can't invite you to the preview. I'm not asking because I want to pad my friend list count, I literally can't invite you unless you appear in my list.

#74 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

Posted 17 April 2014 - 14:33

Reminder

I've had 2 people ask me this now so just in case anyone else missed it when I mentioned it before. If you don't accept the friend request, I can't invite you to the preview. I'm not asking because I want to pad my friend list count, I literally can't invite you unless you appear in my list.

I never got a friend request from you..  :cry:

#75 dipsylalapo

dipsylalapo

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 17 April 2014 - 14:38

If you can still invite folk I'd love to get in on the action. GT - dipsylalapo

And I'll remember to accept your friend request.