Vitamin D and Prevention of Chronic Diseases

This was a great video about Vitamin D. Sure he talks pretty fast and is sometimes hard to understand but it is still very interesting,.

Most of you are probably have vitamin d deficiency  and don't even know it.

I've been taking 5,000 IU of Vitamin D every day for 4 years ever since Steve Gibson talked about it on Security now.

Enjoy the watch

The only thing to think of is having to track / test your Vitamin D.

Vit D is a  Fat-Soluble Vitamins so if you go too far the other way, it may become poisonous to your body.

Water Soluble Vitamin excess leave you when pee, such as Vitamin C.

I have been reading about Vit D deficiency linked to a lot of poential health problems or health problem causing low Vit D (some cases they don't know yet) and have carefully increased my Vit D as part of my Vitamins I take. I personally don't exceed 2000 per day. 

I have osteoporosis and have been instructed by doctor to do no more than 2000 IU's of vitamain D a day! :wacko:

BTW,

It's IU, not UI! We're talking interantional units, not user interface!! :rofl:

What Jason said is quite true.

The only thing to think of is having to track / test your Vitamin D.

Vit D is a  Fat-Soluble Vitamins so if you go too far the other way, it may become poisonous to your body.

Water Soluble Vitamin excess leave you when pee, such as Vitamin C.

I have been reading about Vit D deficiency linked to a lot of poential health problems or health problem causing low Vit D (some cases they don't know yet) and have carefully increased my Vit D as part of my Vitamins I take. I personally don't exceed 2000 per day. 

You have to take A LOT of VD to get poisonous. Even 10,000 IU per day is just fine. You have to take WAY WAY WAY more than that before you have an issue. One guy in the video accidentally was taking 1 Million IU per day. He was having issues.

30 mins in the sun gives you 10,000 IU.

I had Strep Throat (I think) never went to a doctor.  I took a variety of pills (all natural) as well as a drop per day of some crazy expensive vitamin D.  About 3 days after I started my mouth stopped hurting, my thoat stopped hurting, it was pretty good to feel like I (by increasing vitamins, pro biotics, etc) healed myself naturally without need of anti-biotics.

I also took Oil of Oregano (6 drops in water) it burns.. but it works.