Need to Hide a Corpse ? Ask Google

Apparently thousands of people a year want to know how to hide a dead body.

Offering further evidence of just how creepy the Internet can be when it wants to be, new research from Australian search optimization agency Search Factory highlights the oddest things people search for each month on Google.

The research was born when the Brisbane-based team started wondering how Google rates the auto-complete suggestions that pop up when typing in search queries on Google.com.

For example, simply typing in the letters ?why do monk?? will produce results ranging from ?why do monks shave their heads? to ?why do monkeys eat bananas.?

However, after digging a little deeper, things got weird.

Warning: Do not try all of these at home.

According to data compiled by Search Factory, there?s an average of 1,000 monthly searches for ?how to hide a dead body,? as well as 1,900 searches for ?how to get away with murder.?

?It looks like American television writers are running out of ideas to kill off their main characters and miraculously bring them back to life again,? Search Factory joked.

As with everything Google provides, the tool uses a complex algorithm built into Google Search that uses factors such as popularity of search terms, without any human intervention.

Google confirms: ?All of the predicted queries ? have been typed previously by Google users? and exist on the Web.

more

Seems to me the best place would be to dump the body in a cemetery, just following a recent burial.  No one would ever think two bodies are in the same spot and cadaver dogs would be pretty much useless in a cemetery. 

I'm currently watching bones, so the best way is to not do it, as they always get caught :p

Though in theory, repeated incineration would work best, as there'd be no DNA evidence left, and very little bone, assuming you have access to an industrial incinerator...

^ I doubt the coffin would fit, with a body laying at the bottom of the grave.

Be right back ... I'll test it out ....

I meant, dig up the fresh dirt to about  4 feet down, dump the body in the hole, cover it up.  Two bodies in the same hole, not the same coffin.

Let me know how the test goes.  This info could come in handy some day.   :shiftyninja:

Seems to me the best place would be to dump the body in a cemetery, just following a recent burial.  No one would ever think two bodies are in the same spot and cadaver dogs would be pretty much useless in a cemetery. 

Dumping a dead body into a hole dug in a cemetary with another older dead body sounds....icky. This whole 'murder' thing just isn't for me.

We stack up to x coffins (all identified) on each grave and after y months/years (or full grave capacity) we clear the grave.

I meant, dig up the fresh dirt to about  4 feet down, dump the body in the hole, cover it up.  Two bodies in the same hole, not the same coffin.

Let me know how the test goes.  This info could come in handy some day.   :shiftyninja:

And what do you do with the extra dirt that would leave a mound on top ?

Someone actually tried that in the UK recently.

Didn't work.

Crazy what people search for on the web. The mexican cartels just use 55 gallon drums w/ a person dead or alive, add some diesel cuz it burns slow, pieces of metal  every now n then to keep the heat up. After 4 - 8 hours, charred unrecognizable remains, and a very gruesome message to their rivals...

look up andras pandy, a Belgian serial killer who murdered his entiry family and use Industrial cleaners to dissolve their bodies. So not debunked at all ;)

Doesn't look like he completely dissolved the bodies. I suppose given enough acid and time it may work, but definitely not like in BB (especially not the tub).

Brick Top knows how:

...and when you got your six pieces, you gotta get rid of them, because it's no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pi**head. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig s***, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig".

• Like 2

Didn't work in Dexter.