• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 23 April 2014 - 14:27

https://twitter.com/...799499406626818

Ok that is awesome. I do wonder though. If you can use any music you want, I wonder if that would draw the ire of the music companies. I know Sony is a music company and it would be funny if they flag videos with their music, but I was thinking more about other groups. I know how bad it is on youtube. The twitter comment does say 'original' music, which could mean only music you actually make is acceptable, but we will see.

Plus, if they are going so far as to allow you to use mp3s that are stored on a usb drive, then why in the heck are they not offer an app that can play local media? The Music Unlimited app could be updated to do it (even if I have had a pretty poor time with it up to this point). I would be grateful to them if that turned out to be part of the plan for this next update. I would also appreciate it if it supported mp3 and flac files since most of my ripped music is in flac.

#47 OP Andrew

Andrew

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 23 April 2014 - 15:26

Ok that is awesome. I do wonder though. If you can use any music you want, I wonder if that would draw the ire of the music companies. I know Sony is a music company and it would be funny if they flag videos with their music, but I was thinking more about other groups. I know how bad it is on youtube. The twitter comment does say 'original' music, which could mean only music you actually make is acceptable, but we will see.

Plus, if they are going so far as to allow you to use mp3s that are stored on a usb drive, then why in the heck are they not offer an app that can play local media? The Music Unlimited app could be updated to do it (even if I have had a pretty poor time with it up to this point). I would be grateful to them if that turned out to be part of the plan for this next update. I would also appreciate it if it supported mp3 and flac files since most of my ripped music is in flac.

It probably will be against the T&Cs, even X1 Upload Studio prohibits it. Remains to be seen what actually happens and who makes the first move. Do/will MS/Sony remove it before copyright holders contact them etc.

Note All clips are screened for violations of the Xbox Live Code of Conduct. There may be a delay before your clip is visible to anyone else.

J. Illegal Activities

• Unauthorised use of another entity’s intellectual property is not allowed, including but not limited to: software, music, art and other copyrighted, trademarked or patented materials or trade secrets.

http://support.xbox....o-sharing-clips

http://www.xbox.com/...l/codeofconduct

#48 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 23 April 2014 - 17:03

I think they would release an update for Music Unlimited or include in the OS update a way to play the music outside of video editing.. or atlest I hope they do as it would be bad form on Sony's behalf if they add mp3 support just for a video editor.

#49 Skwerl

Skwerl

Neowinian Ancient

• Phone: Lumia 920 (Yellow)

Posted 23 April 2014 - 18:10

Great.  A "big" update with features I don't care to use.  I hope part of that big update will involve removing all the ads for Playstation Plus...because I already bought the damned membership!  Why are they still trying to sell me another one right and left all over the store?