Welcome to Unreal Engine 4

Looks great but this is pre rendered (yes in engine but I doubt in real time and playable on anything other than a quad SLI BEAST rig. The amount of calculations going on there is immense.

I went to the youtube page but had to leave due to stupidity almost making me pull my eyes out. People thinking that in engine means realtime and consoles will be outputting this kind of detailed loveliness anytime soon - some suggested this generation all because the Unreal engine 4 is rendering it (by that logic iphones and andoid phones will be rendering it also?)

I wanted to comment, but google wants me to sign in and I really cant be arsed with anything google anymore.

Good point that i totally forgot. It won't even be Epic, and MS will try to distance themselves from the previous era, especially since Epic is now Tencent basically (i suspect that's the real reason Cliff left when he did).

Wonder who'll be doing Gears 4 then? Maybe Raven will finally go back to making action games rather than just sports titles and family-focused releases.

EDIT: quick search shows that Black Tusk have already been announced as the next Gears developers, not Raven hahahaha

Raven Software has been working on the Call of Duty games behind the scenes, and they are now in charge of "Call of Duty Online".  Basically Activision's female dog studio.

Looks great but this is pre rendered (yes in engine but I doubt in real time and playable on anything other than a quad SLI BEAST rig. The amount of calculations going on there is immense.

I went to the youtube page but had to leave due to stupidity almost making me pull my eyes out. People thinking that in engine means realtime and consoles will be outputting this kind of detailed loveliness anytime soon - some suggested this generation all because the Unreal engine 4 is rendering it (by that logic iphones and andoid phones will be rendering it also?)

I wanted to comment, but google wants me to sign in and I really cant be arsed with anything google anymore.

Why don't you try Unreal Engine 4 before saying crap like this. You really don't need a "quad SLI BEAST" to render a scene like this in realtime.

Why don't you try Unreal Engine 4 before saying crap like this. You really don't need a "quad SLI BEAST" to render a scene like this in realtime.

Seriously? I really had no idea this could be run realtime on none beast hardware, I seriously did not know.

I'm actually still sceptical but will check it out.

I actually do love UE4 and think its a beast of an engine with amazing tools, but I seriously did not think this could be done realtime (as in playable game with this much detail).

Seriously? I really had no idea this could be run realtime on none beast hardware, I seriously did not know.

I'm actually still sceptical but will check it out.

I actually do love UE4 and think its a beast of an engine with amazing tools, but I seriously did not think this could be done realtime (as in playable game with this much detail).

it isn't something too crazy to render. but when you come to implement it in a game, then you've got plenty more overhead,like ai,physics, characters which eats up lots of frame time. I actually just subbed to ue4(going to cancel,just wanted the source code),and you can cook up some impressive stuff similar to that in no time. 

it isn't something too crazy to render. but when you come to implement it in a game, then you've got plenty more overhead,like ai,physics, characters which eats up lots of frame time. I actually just subbed to ue4(going to cancel,just wanted the source code),and you can cook up some impressive stuff similar to that in no time. 

ok I get that when there's no AI/Physics and you can just browse around at a slow pace (with a camera as in a scene) it is less stressful, but I would have thought this is more CPU overhead than GPU, and its the GPU that's rendering the scene in this much detail (the meshes, the fine detail, the amazingly sharp textures even on close-up, the models, the shaders and other advanced effects along with the crisp resolution) which made me think this would need a beast to run real time.

colour me impressed!

Also, the only time I've messed with dev tools like this was UT2004 (made a few maps) and maybe I'm remembering how many things I had to cut for the final versions as frame rates suffered (yeah I know a long time ago).